• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTS: Some slabbed stuff and more...finally I have some free time!

15 posts in this topic

Finally, a break in my hellish schedule! 4 days "off" and have some time to put some books up and catch up with things like shipping silvers24 his Christmas care package, etc.

Do an takeit.gif if you want to buy any of these.

First we have a nice slabbed Tracy #1 (Dell), VF- (7.5) with C/OW pages, but a real nice copy. Not one of the "liberally" graded GA books, righ on the mark I think and could do better.

dicktracya.jpg

dicktracyb.jpg

Sorry for the crappy scans. I have yet to figure out how to take a decent scan of a slab. But I assure you, the slab is what it is.

Price: $295, which includes priority mail/insured shipping in the U.S.

For other parts of the world I'll need to figure out what shipping this will cost.

I'm watching my 14 month old right now, so I'll get these up the best I can in between stopping him from tearing the place apart.

And here we have a nice copy of Shadow Comics V.8 #11

CGC 7.0 F/VF with Off White Pages.

Another GA slab where I don't think CGC was particularly liberal in grading the book. Pretty much spot on and could certainly be a 7.5 if re-submitted, though not worth it most likely. (And yes, I've owned some GA slabs where I asked myself: "what were they thinking"?? This isn't one of them.)

shadowa.jpg

shadowb.jpg

Yup, another crappy scan. Sorry.

$180 shipped to your door via insured priority mail. Will need to check for other parts of the world.

geez, not even a comment like "blob, can't you afford a $50 scanner from this millenium?"

oh well, had hoped to spend the early a.m. listing, but I have been informed we have to get out of the house by 8:00 a.m. to watch the macy's t-giving day parade with baby blob. oh joy.

Sure....

Here's Dell FC 535 (I Love Lucy #1) CGC 7.0, C to OW pages

Even if this isn't your cup of tea, it would be a pretty neat gift for a wife/girlfriend (or perhaps gay friend/relative?) who Loves Lucy! [Note: My wife actually thought it was cool that I owned this comic, out of the 15,000 or so of them]

lucya.jpg

lucyb.jpg

$265, including priority/insured shipping in the U.S. (outside U.S. I'll need to come up with a price)

I think I actually paid a decent chunk of change for this one way back when....

This one came out the same month as Action Comics #1 and doesn't have 3 million reprint copies being sold on ebay as originals:

Crackajack Funnies #1 CGC 5.0 VG/Fine WHITE pages (how many comics do you own from 1938 with WHITE pages??)

crackajacka.jpg

crackajackb.jpg

$590 (which includes shipping via PM and insurance in the U.S.)

If you're looking for an early Golden Age key that isn't terribly expensive, this one is for you!

Amazing Spiderman 40, always a favorite! Origin of the Green Goblin!

VG-. Obvious wear. Likely slight moisture damage at some point in its life, but no smell, no foxing, etc.

spiderman40.jpg

$45 gets this shipped to you in the U.S. by PM.

Last one tonight....

Amazing Spiderman 26. VG. Some wear and creases on spine, small chip on top left corner, small chip from bottom of cover, pencil eraser sized circular tear on back.

4th appearance of the Green Gobin.

spiderman26.jpg

$50 gets this shipped to you via Priority Mail

looks like maybe somebody wrote "RET" (?) on the cover and it got smudged (grease pencil?)

1938: As new comics come to the newstand, the ones from last week will need to get moved out. Willy Magilacutty, the newstand owner, writes "RET" on this last copy of Crackajack funnies #1, meaning to return it for credit (6 1/2 cents on a 10 cent comic..enough to feed your family for a week in 1938 mind you). Little Ryan Anderson sees it (having just gotten lunch off the soup line -- this still is The Depression after all) and says "please Mr., may I buy that wonderful comic book featuring my favorite gumshoe, Dan Dunn and many other fabolous characters from the funny pages". Willy says "I'll do better than that, it's your's for free kid" and in doing so, puts his thumb on the "RET" while handing it over to the young boy, smudging it in the process.

Either that or "Roger Egbert Thompson" owned the comic, wrote his initials on the cover in grease pencil, and it got smudged when he put his copy of Action Comics #1 on top of it.