• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD #131 cgc 9.4 at 22 x guide with 2 days left!

11 posts in this topic

Hey gman, isn't it time that you stop posting with this ridiculous extra account? I mean, this account prior to this post, which incidentally is eeriely similar to one that you started a few weeks ago regarding another Daredevile 131 CGC 9.6, has only posted in your marketplace posts saying how great you were to deal with! At the very least, you should change your posting style. Unlike the infamous "transformers" person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point out there! tongue.gif

This is the kind of thing that many of us could debate for hours and hours. My feeling regarding what I call the "comic book movie keys" are this: We are in a completely new and exciting era in Hollywood right now. For the first time since Superman 1 was made (the first Batman was close, but still really missed the mark), Hollywood is taking comic books seriously, and hiring directors and screenwriters who know and love the source material. Sam Raimi and Mark Steven Johnson are 2 directors/writers who have stated a thousand times how they are comic book geeks and grew up reading them. Michael Chabon, who was just hired to write Spidey 2, won the Pulitzer Prize for his latest novel about comic book creators and is also a bonafide comic geek. Because these movies are (and the verdict is still out on DD, but I'll bet anyone that the movie rocks and is a success) reaching a much larger audience than comic books ever can, we have to take a new look at the "price guides" and "values" for some of these comics, especially the ones that are the focus on big budget movies. Frank Miller made Bullseye one of the best villians in years, but until last year, anyone could get a copy (although a bit hard to find) of those early and first app. Bullseye comics on the cheap. But now that he's a focus of the upcoming DD movie, new and old comic book collectors are willing to pay up to own these issues. Is paying "whatever x guide" for this and other books worth it? Who the heck really knows. I know collectors that will pay no more than 4x guide for books...but really, what does "guide" mean now? Bullseye, Elektra, Blade, etc...were C level characters that noone outside the comics world had ever heard about. Now they have been elevated due to Hollywood and I think we have to revisit their "value".

Last time i sent a book (just to change a broken case, not re-grading) via the only authorized member dealers here in France, it took about...11 months... You was joking but you was not so far from the truth... crazy.gif

Who the heck really knows. I know collectors that will pay no more than

4x guide for books...but really, what does "guide" mean now?

I agree...this CGC & eBay phenomenon has really made the Guide useless

for many books (not all, of course). I probably won't even pick up next

year's Overstreet - I can see what the market really is doing from all my eBay

activities and store/convention visits.

So, when people say 20x and 30x Guide is ridiculous, I both agree and don't

agree. I agree that the price is ridiculous, but the multiple of Guide is largely

irrelevant!! I don't need the Guide to tell me that too high is too high. wink.gif

Gene