• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Reprint - Flashback Series (OPG?)

3 posts in this topic

Are there any reasons why the Flashback series of Golden Age reprints which were published by Alan Light back in the 1970's would not be listed in the Overstreet Price Guide? These books appears to reprint most of the key Golden Age Timelys in black and white. I have seen them autioned off on both eBay and Heritage.

I find it strange that they would not be listed as part of the guide since virtually all other reprints are listed including the EC reprints from the 1970's.

Maybe TomG from Gemstone can provide the best answer for this question.

You're right, Tom or Arnold would have the best answer. My guess is that because they were published privately by Alan Light, Overstreet has considered them fanzines (which he doesn't list).

I've managed to get most of these on eBay. Some of the hardest to find and most expensive (consistently over $25) include:

- New York World's Fair 1940

- Master Comics 25 (I think it is 25, the first Cap Jr.)

- Cap America 2 (odd, since it has been reprinted in color-- some of the other

Timely Flashbacks are in less demand, despite never having been reprinted).

Cheers,

Z.

Bob is the final word when it comes to including certain things in the book. I don't know the *specific* reason why he doesn't wish to include those books you mention, although the suggestion that maybe he thinks of them as fanzines sounds logical. But again, I don't know a specific reason for sure.

Arnold