• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to store comics?

9 posts in this topic

Don't forget a place that has wide temperature fluctuations, like an attic. Hot, then cold, then hot, then cold...it has to be good.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seriously, I actually did have most of my reader grade books in my attic for about three years, and when I brought them down to the main floor recently, there did not appear to be any damage whatsoever, except maybe some page yellowing. There was no brittleness, no warping, etc.

I think keeping the books in a favorable environment is better if you can do it, but I think people get really anal about it. I think the main thing is to keep them away from moisture, worrying more about that than temperature fluctuations.

Store the comics in mylar bags with coated backing boards. Store each lot of comics in a comic box away from walls that face the exterior of the house/apartment. Avoid fluctuating temperature or humidity. Replace the bags & boards every 2-3 years to avoid 'yellowing' the comics.

Follow these tips should keep your comics at good conditions for years to come.