• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,791 posts in this topic

I have never seen this comic. I think you're right regarding rebound remaindered copies - no indicia and the fact VERY few comics here were printed in colour - except for Disneys.

"I Aim at the Stars",  Werner von Braun's biopic, quite accurately had a tag added during production as "But sometimes I hit London" lol

I recently upgraded The Corruptors  show above at some level  this tracking is just to play with my collection again, and reminisce  

I was able to fill in maybe 20 books from MCS  as most of the 104 books came after I had expanded my tracking to include grade and price information which must have been at the end of 2015.

When I put all of the boxes together  I continued on the process of pulling out  the low grade ones that were candidates for upgrade.  I now have two full short boxes with those books ( that also opened up room  for more books in the  keepers  for  many more to be sorted in.

Decided to start with those two boxes in reverse order for adding prices.  came across the first of the 53 undercopies  I traded with Montezuma very early on in my collecting/trading quest.  I wonder what all was involved in those transactions.  His copy6 is the Phantom planet  shown here

fc 1233 TammyTellMeTrue.jpg

fc 1234 PhantomPlanet.jpg

fc 1235 MrMagoo.jpg

fc 1236 KingofKings.jpg

fc 1237 Untouchables.jpg

fc 1238 DeputyDog.jpg

fc 1239 DD Album.jpg

fc 1240 TheDetectives.jpg

fc 1244 SpaceMouse.jpg

fc 1247 DaisyDucksDiary.jpg

One of these weekends  when I am feeling  ambitious  I will work in  the missing Four colors  into my spreadsheet  and slot them in where they most likely belong.  Will take extra thinking as I had built in logic  to handle the missing ones when calculating the various percentages.

So as of now, between the first and second Series  I have 1277  unique issues of which 1276 are graded.  The average grade  is now 4.797.  moving that number up is quite difficult.  I would have to upgrade 26 books by 5 full grades to even push that to 4.9

As far as pricing  I only have 647 books entered  with an average of 54.35   A single book like the First Series #1  I got off heritage a few months  ago  raised the average by nearly $3  per book, but  it would take    would only take 14 $5  books to drop the average by a dollar.

While there were some valuable books entered from MCS, almost all of the books I penciled  in  are well below $25 this would certainly  lower  the average "investment" .  I am planning  on first entering the numbers on paper  as I go through the books and then go back and enter several hundred for at least a first pass on the project.

Document_2022-11-13_165414.jpg

Document_2022-11-13_170258.jpg

I have finished the  second long box  and am working on the third those go down to 760

I have entered most books from 1000 and up, so about 1/3 of the run

My spread sheet says I have 798 books evaluated for cost. As expected  these  new additions were mostly added through board trades many years ago and the vast majority were entered as  well under the $50.  So the average per book has fallen to 49.6 .  I have a small batch of 4GEMS books  at Heritage.  when those come in  they will  raise the ave value by at least 1  since I filed a hard hole with a beautiful #37

fc 1231 DangerMan.jpg

fc 1242 KingLeonardo.jpg

fc 1243 bc.jpg

fc 1243 Ellery Queen Detective.jpg

fc 1252 Andy Griffith.jpg

fc 1252 bc.jpg

fc 1254 bc.jpg

fc 1254 Diver Dan.jpg

fc 1257 bc.jpg

fc 1257 Car 54 Where Are You.jpg

fc 1259 ELCID.jpg

fc 1260 Horsemasters.jpg