• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 11:43 AM, PopKulture said:

Wow, your Mary Jane and Sniffles is in amazing shape! Is there a story behind it?

Only that it's my third try to get a decent copy, it took me years of looking to find ANY copy.

Then MCS screwed up on their listing, I suspect.  I think they meant to call it an 8.0... which is pretty much the highest grade I ever see them give an unslabbed book... but it got listed as a 5.0.  I grabbed it fast when I saw it.

My undercopies.  The Looney Tunes thread has dubbed the first one the "Sniffles chewed" copy.

FC402a.thumb.jpg.b1515845f0f609baa76f109182fe324d.jpg

FC402b.thumb.jpg.ddc148f8d6ae9be6ba758225e7e51a4f.jpg

priced and entered the 300's and 200's.  now up to 1201 with "costs"  entered.   FOr these columns I had to enter way more than I had previously  entered  and raised the average  costs significantly,  I found missing books like 386 which I had won off ebay  well prior to my actually collecting the series.  Still one of my favorite covers and likely my first slab purchases  with a PLOD 6.0.  Even with this  the average continued to fall , but only  down to 45.31.  I am projecting  that the additions in the first series  and first 200  of the second  will actually increase the average

coming across many from current or former board members  Reality Consensus, Catrick , fiberbisket, Honky Cat,  ft88, and House of COmics.  All of these trades were totally by mail and email and each of which resulted in the addition of 26+ books 

Included below is one of the lowest grade books.  It has been on my upgrade list since I first created it.  Still have to thank shark for plugging  the 228 hole

fc 205 Santa Funnies cr.jpg

fc 207 King of the Royal Mounted.jpg

fc 208 Brer Rabbit.jpg

fc 209 Harold Teen cr.jpg

fc 212  DR Bobbs.jpg

fc 214 MM SkyAdventure.jpg

fc 215 SparklePlenty.jpg

fc 216 Andy Panda.jpg

fc 217 BB CourtJester.jpg

fc 218 3 LittlePigs.jpg

fc 219 Swee'Pea.jpg

fc 222 ZG WestofthePecos.jpg

fc 227 SevenDwarfs.jpg

fc 228 Zorro.jpg

On 12/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, Robot Man said:

Just got this bright beauty in the mail today. Actually, #1 and the last one I needed. Great to be able to find something so fun and so cheap! 

C0C28399-EB6A-4BE4-90FF-EE78D362E774.jpeg

So you're the one who outbid me on that book on ebay...:pullhair:  I wouldn't have bid if I'd seen those creases at the top right.  The seller conveniently blurred those out... :whatthe:

Hi All-

I hope your year end is going well. This week Heritage is auctioning off my Santa/Frosty related issues. While overall my books have been going at a pretty good price there is always at least one issue a week that goes for less than what I paid. Last weeks the Francis issues were up for auction and given how scarce they are in high grade I'm surprised a few went as cheap as they did. Anyway, here is a link to this week's Santa/Frosty issues if you want to taje a look. These are very tough to find in high grade.

You can view  my entire consignment in auction #122250 at the following link: http://comics.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=122250&collection=51&FC=0&type=friend-consignorpreview-notice

On 12/10/2022 at 10:34 AM, 4GEMWORKS said:

Hi All-

I hope your year end is going well. This week Heritage is auctioning off my Santa/Frosty related issues. While overall my books have been going at a pretty good price there is always at least one issue a week that goes for less than what I paid. Last weeks the Francis issues were up for auction and given how scarce they are in high grade I'm surprised a few went as cheap as they did. Anyway, here is a link to this week's Santa/Frosty issues if you want to taje a look. These are very tough to find in high grade.

You can view  my entire consignment in auction #122250 at the following link: http://comics.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=122250&collection=51&FC=0&type=friend-consignorpreview-notice

I don’t know your circumstances, but I do hate that you have to sell those and break them up. It must’ve been quite the dedicated labor of love to put together a run like that!  :x

Edited by PopKulture

On 12/10/2022 at 8:34 AM, 4GEMWORKS said:

Hi All-

Hey Glen

Nice to see you in this thread again, even if it is to pimp your own auctions.  I wwas gonig to comment  the heritage did a nice job in offering your Xmas books right before the holiday

I try to bid on all of your books  that are either missing  or significant upgrades.  Unfortunately I am rarely available to  bid live so i rarely win. I believe I am top bidder on 7 books, mostly upgrades,  as I type this but have tapped out on two of the books that I am still missing.  Adding your former books will certainly raise both the  Grade Point Average (GPA?)  and Price Point Average (PPA?)  of my collection

fc 248 MM BlackSorcerer.jpg

fc 249 Woody Woodpecker.jpg

fc 250 DD DiamondDaze.jpg

fc 251 Hubert.jpg

fc 252 Pinocchio.jpg

fc 254 SanatFunnies.jpg

fc 255 ZG TheRange.jpg

fc 256 DD LuckoftheNorth.jpg

fc 260 PP HerooftheWildWest.jpg

fc 261 MM MissingKey.jpg

fc 264 WoodyWoodpecker.jpg

fc 268 MM SuroriseVisitor.jpg

fc 271 PP PhantonofthePlains.jpg

fc 272 Cinderfella.jpg

added the first series and the first 99 sections along with a few internal audits,  raised the PPA to 47.82  with all 1280 books entered   .  Current GPA  is 4.812 

Since I last published my combined missing/upgrade list I have knocked off 5 , but more dramatically I have eliminated 25  of  the upgrade candidates.  I am sure that I actually acquired some of those books,  but most were because I increased their cost basis above the minimum hold value of 38 thus they fell off my active update candidate. 

Well soon I will be faced with a dilemma.  Do I keep my want list at a perpetual 6 columns of 58 or let it drop to only 5 columns?  At least with 5 columns I will feel a sense of accomplishment  and  expand some of the remaining columns.  If I keep 6 columns do I increase the grade to 3.5?   do I raise the minimum hold value  and try to upgrade a more expensive book where I already  have 50 into my 2.5 copy?  The current structure filled the empty space in numeric order if the book is either under 3.5  or under the hold value.  This means that all 30 spots are filled with 00's  which I was fortunate to find at all, but will not likely upgrade

fc 274 BB Hare-Brained Reprter.jpg

fc 275 PP AncientPersia.jpg

fc 277 PP DesertAdenture.jpg

fc 279 MM&P BattleGiantAnts.jpg

fc 280 AP IsleogMechanjcalMen.jpg

fc 281 BB GreatCircusMystery.jpg

fc 282 DD PixilatedParrot.jpg

fc 284 PP KingdomofNowhere.jpg

fc 285 Bozo.jpg

fc 286 MM UninvitedGuest.jpg

fc 288 WW KlondikeGold.jpg

fc 289 BB IndianTrouble.jpg