• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2022 at 5:41 AM, kaculler said:

I picked up a couple of nice early Four Colors today - #5 and #13.  I'm particularly happy with #5 which is in pretty nice shape and doesn't show up very often.

fc5.jpeg

fc13.jpeg

Usually those Western File Copies are nicer than that; that issue lived a hard life!

Wanted to  publish  the newest itteration of my cobmined Missing/Upgradable  want list.

I added a date printed  which I had on earlier sections, but had not included on this refinement.

Also added my name and phone number 

Primariy changed the sorting paramaters

Included 3.5s.  When I started adding upgrades about 5 years ago I think I was only up to 2.5's at that point.

I kicked any book that I have above my minimum price into a separate category.  Actually gave another bump to those that have double that amount.

Still kept the page to  six  columns and 348 issues.  Most of the last column are early low grade books that I have between 25-50 into.

20221217104053_00001.jpg

Struggled with  my HP  all-in-one,  but was eventually  able to get scans of an upgrade  to the 379

While it is certainly much nicer than my existing copy, does not seem to be close to the advertised grade of 6.0.  I would be hard pressed to give it above a 4.0 with the spine roll as well as all of the accumulated damage on the cover

Scan.jpg

Scan1.jpg

I stumbled on the Generations OO  collection out of Flagstaff  recently.  Interesting story  but their 40,000  pales in comparison to the  400,000  collection  from the OCD father 

It turns out I had obtained one from MCS  earlier in the year

Scan_24-December-2022_1738.jpg

Scan2.jpg

found a copy of this  along with lists of my better boxes .  took and traded a bunch of books at the first torpedo show down by LAX  I think.  At that time I was down to only 170 books  which has now dropped to closer to 60.

The upgradables  was not where near as refined. I am sure that in addition to filling 100+ holes  I have upgraded at least that many.

WHile this list is much easier to look at,  updating it was very cumbersome   and after  I got the names attached  to the issue numbers became useful

HNY

Full Want list 8-15-18.jpg

Scan_24-December-2022_1806.jpg

Scan_24-December-2022_1804.jpg

Scan_24-December-2022_1800.jpg

Scan_24-December-2022_1750.jpg

Scan_24-December-2022_1746.jpg

Scan_24-December-2022_1742.jpg

Not sure if anybody else took advantage ot the 5% off sale from MCS,  but I did.  I Try to never actually buy  Four colors, but could not resist  the 110  that they had.   So now I have finished  my first two  hundred columns.  The 1000's ( with 1065)   and the 100's .  The only  other column I am close on is the  600's  where I am missing 673.

The others that I picked up are  6 more  of the missing Four COlors.  I dont mind actually paying for those.  

On 1/14/2023 at 4:52 PM, jmg3637 said:

Not sure if anybody else took advantage ot the 5% off sale from MCS,  but I did.  I Try to never actually buy  Four colors, but could not resist  the 110  that they had.   So now I have finished  my first two  hundred columns.  The 1000's ( with 1065)   and the 100's .  The only  other column I am close on is the  600's  where I am missing 673.

The others that I picked up are  6 more  of the missing Four COlors.  I dont mind actually paying for those.  

I couldn't figure out where to enter the code.  It would have only made about $8 difference, so I ordered anyway, they should arrive next week.  16 more Looney Tunes related four colors I need.

That was about all I saved as well,  but better the money in my pocket  than theirs.

There  is a tab called ON SALE and that is where you enter the code word.

They currently have 24 of the books I am missing in stock,  but I think 20 of them would be below/grade/price point  and would go right from missing  to upgrade.

MCS  seems to have the best website  around  for the average or advanced collector.   I think it is very nice for them to scour the internet ( or at least ebay) to see if your want list books are for sale elsewhere.