• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

And a couple others.  I've been looking for the Albert & Pogo for ages... I personally think it's harder to find than the 105, and people seem to want to ask a fortune for it.  So happy to have won it on an auction on MCS for far less than I was prepared to pay.

The Jacky's Diary is just one I've wanted to see for a while... Jack Mendelsohn was an incredible creator who isn't as well known as he should be.  But I've enjoyed his work ever since I first saw Yellow Submarine on TV as a kid.  (He was one fo the writers.)

FC_0148.jpg

FC_1091.jpg

New HP  All-in-one replacement  has the same problem   the other one had.  It will not maintain a direct connection  to the primary home PC  to send scans to

It is at least bow working  where the PC can access and order  the scan.  A couple of added benefits of this method are that  the settings are all saved.  JPG,   with a time/datestamp   and the ability to save multiple images 

Scan_03-12-2023_1343_0002.jpg

Scan_03-12-2023_1343_0001.jpg

Scan_03-12-2023_1341_0002.jpg

Scan_03-12-2023_1341_0001.jpg

Scan_03-12-2023_1332_0002.jpg

Scan_03-12-2023_1332_0001.jpg

I was/am A claccis illustrated collector before beginning  on the four colors.  As I neared completion of the much easier any HRN  copy i switched to the four colors.  Picked up another 3  on my list fro. The ebay seller Generations. Very nice copies  at reasonable prices.  Earliest  copy was a 529 little beaver from 1954

Got me wondering where the character originated.  I know that Robert Blake played him in some kind of shorts after his days in the little rascals

On 4/9/2023 at 4:11 PM, jmg3637 said:

I was/am A claccis illustrated collector before beginning  on the four colors.  As I neared completion of the much easier any HRN  copy i switched to the four colors.  Picked up another 3  on my list fro. The ebay seller Generations. Very nice copies  at reasonable prices.  Earliest  copy was a 529 little beaver from 1954

Got me wondering where the character originated.  I know that Robert Blake played him in some kind of shorts after his days in the little rascals

.Red Ryder was a comic strip that began in 1938. I couldn't find the exact date Little Beaver 1st appeared but it seems like it was very early on. He probably was a charactor right from the beginning.

Little Beaver is listed as appearing in early 1939 issues of Crackajack Funnies which included Red Ryder Sundays reprints from 1938 so the supposition that he was there from the beginning (or close to it) seems correct.

Meanwhile, Four Color #694 arrived in the mail today and now the highest issue left on my want list is #302.  I'm down to needing 42 issues from Series II.

fc694.jpg

Edited by kaculler

I just pulled the trigger  on a large purchaase  from MCS.  I won a  First Series # 12  Little Orphan Annie .  Now down to only 6 missing  in the First Series.

They issued a store wide 10-20% discount  that is running now but for only maybe a few more days.  If you are not a member  sign up through the link below  I will get a credit and will send you comics  as a thank you.  SOmebody did this last year and I got a $$ credit, but they forgot  to tell me so I cannot respond. I do think they have the best  collector website in the business.  Is there anybody even close?

Anyway this  discount prompted me to add most of the items  in my basket to the order  and have a total of 28 books coming.  3 of my missing Classics , 5 Missing Four Colors  and 20 Actual Four COlors that I was missing.  I went against my principles  as only 5 of htese books will be EITHER 4.0 or above or cost over $25. and 15 of the 20  will move from missing section right to the UPgradable  section.  In the process I will decrease  both my average cost and average grade.

Once these arrive I will be down to about 40 holes in  both runs combined