• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

Great books posted so far - didn't know the Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny covers were so cool! yay.gif

Ditto! thumbsup2.gif Some really great books posted here! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Unfortunately, I have no Four Colors anymore frown.gif...

except for this one:

You know this is coming mad.gifmad.gif

Great books posted so far - didn't know the Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny covers were so cool! yay.gif

Ditto! thumbsup2.gif Some really great books posted here! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Unfortunately, I have no Four Colors anymore frown.gif...

except for this one:

You know this is coming mad.gifmad.gif

yay.gif

All your high-grade Four Colors have got me so jealous that I'm about ready to bite my monitor.

Instead, I set up my new scanner -- I haven't had one up and running for over a year -- and tested it on my oldest Four Color, #20. It's about a vg+, which is good enough for me. A new character to me. Satisfying read with good artwork and a fun storyline.

Please feel free to make suggestions if this scan is not up to snuff. The scanner and software are both new to me.

1527943-FC20copy.jpg

Jack

Here's my 2nd oldest Four Color, a far less stunning #26 but I like it anyway.

Still learning the ropes on my new scanner. It's merciless on the stain at the right!

1527943-FC26.jpg

Jack

Here's a stunning #26 (2nd series) that I just sold. frown.gif

1524547-fourcolor26.jpg

Edited by selegue

Please feel free to make suggestions if this scan is not up to snuff. The scanner and software are both new to me.

Scans OK but the comic stinks takeit.gif

HAH!

Why, I oughtta...

I'm hunting for more information about the legendary Harold Giehne [sp?]. Do you know more about his collection?

Jack

Instead, I set up my new scanner -- I haven't had one up and running for over a year -- and tested it on my oldest Four Color, #20. It's about a vg+, which is good enough for me. A new character to me. Satisfying read with good artwork and a fun storyline.

That's a very nice looking vg+, of a book that's not very easy to find! thumbsup2.gif

That's a very nice looking vg+, of a book that's not very easy to find! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. I got lucky.

Apparently my friend showed up after the frenzy for Harold's superhero books and the seller was so spent that he let some of the other genres go cheap. I got #20 PLUS 26 at his cost of $54!

It's a long way to my next lowest FC, #61 in fair.

Jack

Very Nice Books...I'd love to see them all in order, but reality comes in small doses. Thanks for the continued posting. I'll pull a few others out later.

Here are a few that I've always liked.

Four Color 1085 HG Wells The Time Machine......... 1528956-ComicScan0271.JPG

Four Color 1243 Ellery Queen Detective...................1528956-ComicScan0272.JPG

Four Color 75 Gene Autry and the Wildcat (he's got on as much rouge as she does gossip.gif) 1528956-ComicScan0273.JPG

1528956-ComicScan0273.JPG.b8284d0aa35bfa93c3ef247ab232a979.JPG

Now here's a more typical Four Color issue in my accumulation: #385 featuring Porky Pig, in glorious BTH condition with ragged spine, chipped edges, folded pages and extra staples! The artwork, especially the covers, was still pleasing at this point. (Anyone know who drew the covers?) As this book falls in March-April 1952, you can read all about it at Scrooge's Month in the Life thread.

All the rest of my Four Colors are stashed away in a storage bin.

Jack

1527943-FC385.jpg

I've never met anyone who actual admits to watching this show. It ended the year after I was born, so if i ever saw it I don't remember.

You got a kit that included a clear piece of plastic, and a set of magic crayons. The object was to put the plastic over the TV screen, and then when the characters got in trouble you'ld draw a ladder or bridge or whatever to help them out.

Gotta be one of the first interactive video games.

663.jpg

663-a.jpg

I've never met anyone who actual admits to watching this show. It ended the year after I was born, so if i ever saw it I don't remember.

You got a kit that included a clear piece of plastic, and a set of magic crayons. The object was to put the plastic over the TV screen, and then when the characters got in trouble you'ld draw a ladder or bridge or whatever to help them out.

Gotta be one of the first interactive video games.

663.jpg

663-a.jpg

Watched it all the time thumbsup2.gif

AWP! Has this become the "post the Four Color covers that selegue is too cheap to pony up for" thread?

Great books and clear scans. What did you buy? I'm happy with my new Microtek

Jack

I finally got my new scanner, so here are some real scans, as promised, to replace those crappy photos I posted earlier.

6695FourColor0173Crippensm.JPG

AWP! Has this become the "post the Four Color covers that selegue is too cheap to pony up for" thread?

Great books and clear scans. What did you buy? I'm happy with my new Microtek

Jack

Wow, those did turn out pretty nice. That was just the default settings too - I haven't really had a chance to play with it much. It's an HP 3970. Got it for about $40 (most of which was shipping) off ebay. After going through all the all scanner threads, it seemed to be the one that the most people recommended.