• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

OK Here are a few. If I have time I will post some more

fc12cgc8.jpg

Great, great books Bullet - thanks for sharing them!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Are you trying to complete the entire Four Color series, or just the early books??

Jesus.

I've never even seen most of these, let alone in grade. I like the drawn in "10c" cover price on these early issues. For the most part they are all different and part of the artwork (drawn by the artist?)

Boy those Raggedy Ann and Andy covers are pretty trippy as are the other animal covers whether from Walt Kelly or not.

Ed

Issue 15 from both the first and second series were a couple of the tougher ones for me to find. I finally broke down and bought Felix from Metro,since it never came up. I see Metro now has 4 copies.

15.jpg

I also had trouble finding the Tillie, I got a couple copies off e-bay only to find they had centerfolds missing.

I'm still looking for a better copy. There is one that keeps showing up on e-bay for $100, but it's in worse shape than mine.

15.jpg

OK Here are a few. If I have time I will post some more

fc12cgc8.jpg

Great, great books Bullet - thanks for sharing them!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Are you trying to complete the entire Four Color series, or just the early books??

Psycho that I am, the entire run. I figure it should take about twenty years. Five to ten years for the first 75%, then 10-20 years for the rest. There is at least one complete run out there that I know of, however I am trying to put it together in VF or better. An impossible task, I realize, but I will not start settling for lower graded copies until I run out of nice, tremendous eye appeal copies to pick up which I am assuming will take at least the next five or so years. For me, there are no must haves, so I will not put pressure on myself to pick up certain issues over others and settle on quality. I pick them up as they become available and my budget allows.

It came today! Not exactly a 9.0 like Bullet's, but not too shabby for a $125 BIN. yay.gif

6FourColor0010FNfcsm.jpg

Thought I'd include the BC as well. Some of these FC's have great BC's cool.gif

9435FourColor0010FNbcsm.jpg

Sometimes, the back covers are even nicer than the fronts!! Congrats on the pickup

Jumpin' Jimmy O'Jeeziz.

Absolutely stunning. Four Color 69 is my favorite comic-book cover of all and certainly got my first-place vote in the Golden age cover competition last year. I really should just sell whatever it took (probably about 2/3 of my "accumulation") and get a copy like that.

I am blown away by your Four Color collection! Congratulations.

Jack

1579564-fc69cgc9.jpg

Why can't I quote your images?

fc69cgc9.jpg" border="0

Jumpin' Jimmy O'Jeeziz.

Absolutely stunning. Four Color 69 is my favorite comic-book cover of all and certainly got my first-place vote in the Golden age cover competition last year. I really should just sell whatever it took (probably about 2/3 of my "accumulation") and get a copy like that.

I am blown away by your Four Color collection! Congratulations.

Jack

1579564-fc69cgc9.jpg

Why can't I quote your images?

fc69cgc9.jpg" border="0

If you look at the reply page below the icons it says MAKE POST change it to "using html code" and that should do the trick

thumbsup2.gif

Great, Great stuff!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif I love the Lone Ranger, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, etc. esp. there films . When I hear the William Tell oveture of the Lone Ranger it still gives me a nostalgic rush. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by PUNYHUMAN