• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sig does matter!!!

22 posts in this topic

Yes, it does. Frank Miller does not do many signings and price shows it. Given the right artist or writer, it can impact a book significantly. My only complaint is that Frank's signature is so terrible looking (not very pleasant looking if it wasn't authenticated by CGC).

Yes, it does. Frank Miller does not do many signings and price shows it. Given the right artist or writer, it can impact a book significantly. My only complaint is that Frank's signature is so terrible looking (not very pleasant looking if it wasn't authenticated by CGC).

Tell me about it. He was a real pain to get to that day.

One of mine from that same batch ends tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2182245034

Kev

Thanks Supa, I can always bring the books with me San Diego if anyone is interested.

I also have a set of Marvels 1-4 (9.4, 9.4, 9.8, 9.6) signed by Alex Ross up, along with a Planetary 1 9.6 signed by Cassaday and a Pro 1 9.8 signed by Palmiotti and Conner. Auctions end in a few hours.

Kev

Tell me about it. He was a real pain to get to that day.

One of mine from that same batch ends tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2182245034

Kev

just bid and got outbidded, maybe i'll sell my DD 158 CGC NM+ 9.6 not yellow label though....damn CGC sig series! mad.gif893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gifsorry.gif

What do you want for your DD 158 9.6? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

just bid and got outbidded, maybe i'll sell my DD 158 CGC NM+ 9.6 not yellow label though....damn CGC sig series! mad.gif893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gifsorry.gif

What do you want for your DD 158 9.6? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

dunno, lots & lots of money, laugh.gif it's sweet too, perfectly centered, none of that white spine [!@#%^&^] showing either. i thought i had a scan of it pre slab, but i can't find it on my HD. confused.gif893frustrated.gif

OK who would you say is the toughest, of those who are still alive?

No doubt about it... Steve Ditko.

I would like to know if ANYONE out there has a book signed by SD, if they do, chances are its a fake.

Obviously people have already said this but Ditko's is not obtainable. Literally.. The only thing I've been able to find that was for sale with his signature is one of his contracts that he did on some crappy title he created.. I honestly don't think the guy would sign a comic book if you asked him.

Brian

Obviously people have already said this but Ditko's is not obtainable. Literally.. The only thing I've been able to find that was for sale with his signature is one of his contracts that he did on some crappy title he created.. I honestly don't think the guy would sign a comic book if you asked him.

The one thing I know of that has an authentic Ditko signature is the original cover art to Superman # 411 the Julius tribute issue (crappy scan from Wizard I blew up below. Where is the sig? I dunno, but I'm pretty sure that's Gil Kane's right on Julie's bald head.). Sold for over $4,000. I also know I guy on Ebay that wrote to Steve and received a letter back, stating that he does not sign comic books. But that reply letter was signed by him, so that's something (I know, how do you know 100%?) 211895-julie.jpg

211895-julie.jpg.99d4fdeef223151fa5df4bf982dd6f01.jpg