• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sig does matter!!!

22 posts in this topic

Obviously people have already said this but Ditko's is not obtainable. Literally.. The only thing I've been able to find that was for sale with his signature is one of his contracts that he did on some crappy title he created.. I honestly don't think the guy would sign a comic book if you asked him.

The one thing I know of that has an authentic Ditko signature is the original cover art to Superman # 411 the Julius tribute issue (crappy scan from Wizard I blew up below. Where is the sig? I dunno, but I'm pretty sure that's Gil Kane's right on Julie's bald head.). Sold for over $4,000. I also know I guy on Ebay that wrote to Steve and received a letter back, stating that he does not sign comic books. But that reply letter was signed by him, so that's something (I know, how do you know 100%?)

I've got Julius Schwartz' signature on my copy of that comic!