• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the LOUSIEST current monthly series you REGRET Buying

55 posts in this topic

I really don't want to agree with DAM here cause Cap is my favorite character... but he's right, and I forced myself to stop buying Cap for the 1st time since I started collecting (survived Cap-Wolf saga and Cap in battle armor and the like). I own a complete run of all Cap books and Cap appearances in TOS... so for me, this is complete withdrawl, but the book stinks.

I think the current Avengers series is quite dull IMO. It seems to be 90 percent talking, and then there's all the Government related [!@#%^&^] that seems to be going on. I haven't picked up the title in months, so maybe it's not as bad now.

Brian

What are you people talking about????

Have you not been reading the current ICE storyline in Captain America?

Captain America is back, and it's almost as good as the Ultimates!!!!!

As for the worst comicbook, I'd say the current Namor Series. Namor was naked for almost the whole first issue and no one even mentioned it. rantpost.gif

Last I read Cap he was busy with his old native american with wierd tribal powers controlling the weather and the like and it just stunk. I think that Cap is a really cool character and enjoyed immensely the Streets of Poison storyline fomr 1991?? but this stuff is just weak. The September 11th references were good and hit home, but I couldn't justify spending $3 an issue on that stuff these days . . .

DAM

EDIT - what is the Ice series?

I'd have to disagree with you on ICE, another weird attempt to change Cap's Silver Age origin to be more in line with Rob Liefeld's Heroes Reborn .

I don't have a problem with the revision of why and how Cap was frozen (although why would anyone clone Bucky - he was just an annoying kid who hung out with Cap) but the Atlantean/Lemurian stuff is leaving me cold and Jae Lee's artwork, which is nice, is completely wrong for Captain America.

I'm actually looking forward to the NEXT story arc, where Cap ends up in an alternate timeline where the Nazis actually did win WWII and the Marvel universe as we know it didn't ever come about. Story by Jerry Ordway, art by Lee Weeks. Can't ever go wrong with Cap battling Nazis... and Lee Weeks always delivers solid artwork.

As for worst ongoing series, I nominate THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES, a series that I loathe in any and every incarnation. You could put the best writers and artists on it and it would still stink to high heaven (to me) because it's a lame duck concept..

A close second would be SPAWN.

Kev

100 Bullets...

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen...

Daredevil...

Ruse...

They're perfectly dreadful!

Okay, I just wanted to see if i could actually make myself write that.

My REAL picks would be: Snikt, Elektra (G'head, flame me!), new Wolverine series (due to art).

JLA is sucking pretty bad, I must say. They just keep re-hashing the whole "unstoppable opponent who is thus defeated by clever subterfuge" idea... and damn, that's boring the 4,000th time you read it. Let's see Superman just punch someone's head off for once!

And yes, LOSH is sucking in the extreme.

But, the absolute WORST comic on the shelves right now... worse than any comic in recent history... Uncanny X-Men! Who the hell thinks that is good writing?? It's like an episode of MTV's "Undressed" in comic book form! Horrible. Absolutely horrible. The dialogue stinks, the storylines are underdeveloped (but not as badly as the characters), and the art was TERRIBLE. (Did they get rid of that Kia Asimaya guy yet?)

I agree, Uncanny X-Men. I quit it a few months ago. The stories were boring and the art has been creative but aesthetically unpleasing to me. I'm not a huge fan of anime and didn't like that style applied to the X-Men that one of the artists was using a few months ago.

What are you guys smoking! Daredevil and Catwoman bad? Those are two of the best books out there right now!

I'm thinking of dropping Green Lantern. I haven't read the last two issues.

Transformers Armada (worse than the cartoon) - hate those little z, minicons - how stupid. can't believe a retro revamp that totally does not satisfy. All the other ones I love reading (TF, GI Joe, BOTP, thundercats, MOTU - and can't wait for the video game based books from Capcom!)

As for worst ongoing series, I nominate THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES, a series that I loathe in any and every incarnation. You could put the best writers and artists on it and it would still stink to high heaven (to me) because it's a lame duck concept..

Haven't sampled the Legion in 10 years, haven't liked what I sampled in almost 20.

But how far back would you go in your loathing for each and every incarnation? Does that include the pre-X-Men Dave Cockrum Legion books? The Silver Age issues written by Jim Shooter when he was still in high school?

JLA is sucking pretty bad, I must say.
Must agree ho heartedly on this. 893frustrated.gif I do want JLA to be good, but it just fails all over the place. 893frustrated.gifinsane.gif I dove into the Aquaman missing storyline and had to get out before it was finished.