• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the LOUSIEST current monthly series you REGRET Buying

55 posts in this topic

I think the lousiest monthly book I regreat buying is all of them..I don't buy them since I don't read comics...the only book I buy on a monthly basis is Batman by Jim Lee,And i don't even read that..I just look at the artwork,once he stops drawing it,i'll stop buying it 893applaud-thumb.gif

I never would have guessed that you weren't a "reader", Kevin.

I love wolverine. More importantly I loved the series that was running until the new junk marvel peddle. God, it makes me freakin angry. No offense but the Greg Rucka story stinks so bad I'd rather eat paint, and the art, ewww. Wolverine is supposed to be a ladies man, now he's forgotten how to shave and bath. GROSSSSSS!!!!!! Where the heck is Sean Chen to draw him the way he should be. rantpost.gif

I dropped the new Wolverine after the first 2, and I don't think I can even bear to finish reading the Spider-Man/Wolv. limited series.

I bought a run of Elektra for $1 each, and can't bear to read them now.

Meanwhile, I'm a late convert to Alias and 100 Bullets.

What's your take on the current Wolverine focus in the Ultimate X-men (by Bendis) with Spidey in there and Ultimate DD? I like how they continued the hero worship that spidey had for Wolverine back in the Ultimate Marvel Team Up debut... don't know about this new "adamantium SWAT" they introduced...kind of blah IMO so far...

Hmm, well I dropped Ultimate X-men when it became Ultimate Marvel Team Up Vol 2 tongue.gif, so I can't answer your question Darth. I have hopes for 1602 (although I am apparently in the minority in my STRONG dislike for Andy Kubert's "art"), but some books I have been disappointed in lately are: Amazing Spiderman, drowning in boring storylines and mediocre writing (JMS is only co-plotting the book now?), Powers, which probably reads better in TPB format but also suffers from storylines which drag on forever, and the Filth, which just seems Grant Morrison going nowhere because he can......

Ah, well, time to trim some fat from the montly reading list, I think....

Hmm, well I dropped Ultimate X-men when it became Ultimate Marvel Team Up Vol 2 tongue.gif,

crazy.gifmad.gif893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

I have hopes for 1602 (although I am apparently in the minority in my STRONG dislike for Andy Kubert's "art"),

Not liking Kubert eh? Maybe it reminds you too much of Origin?

but some books I have been disappointed in lately are: Amazing Spiderman, drowning in boring storylines and mediocre writing (JMS is only co-plotting the book now?), Powers, which probably reads better in TPB format but also suffers from storylines which drag on forever, and the Filth, which just seems Grant Morrison going nowhere because he can......

AMS - didn't like that Hulk like gamma zombie huh? Hope it picks up too. JMS may be busy brining his take of Rising Stars to Marvel in the form of Supreme Power?

Powers - Is Bendis still on that book? Or might he be only co plotting it? I thought he went MArvel exclusive due to the number of projects he was working on for them?

I don't read Filth so can't comment on Grant there.

Ah, well, time to trim some fat from the montly reading list, I think....

27_laughing.gif Uh, considering I have not read Origin, no. Sorry, Wolverine is overdone for me. His popularity in the main Xmen book drove me nuts. I have never bought a book with the title Wolverine (or now Origin). Bleh. Yeah, I know blasphemy. insane.gif

27_laughing.gif Uh, considering I have not read Origin, no. Sorry, Wolverine is overdone for me. His popularity in the main Xmen book drove me nuts. I have never bought a book with the title Wolverine (or now Origin). Bleh. Yeah, I know blasphemy. insane.gif

shocked.gifmad.giffrown.gif

I do like the hero worship in ultimate xmen. I also like the no holds barred attack on Wolverine. The swat team doesn't bother me much and I find the introduction of DD interesting. (Now watch it get boring just cause I said that.)

Let's face it, the storyline involving the spider wasp was just damn good writing. I was diggin it. The Gamma Gangster, should have stayed dead, I quit reading the book after that loveliness.

Powers was my all time fav for months until this stupid "Where did Powers come from" story line. Not to mention how late this book arrives on the shelves. That is a major turn off.

I read the first two issues of the Filth and got lost in the slug. Not some of G. Morrison's best work if you ask me.

I keep watching the comics shelves thinking any day now, I'm going to find a really good monthly to add to my want list. So far I buy Ult. Spiderman and Alias religously, everything else is on a whim.