• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else think ULT Spidey is going down hill fast....

19 posts in this topic

My personal feelings are, they tried TO hard with the Clone saga. There is to much going on with this story that could easily confuse a person. Seems to me all of the Ult universe is slowing going down, aside from the Ultimates, which is the only Ult title I still enjoy.

My personal feelings are, they tried TO hard with the Clone saga. There is to much going on with this story that could easily confuse a person. Seems to me all of the Ult universe is slowing going down, aside from the Ultimates, which is the only Ult title I still enjoy.

Ultimates is the best, for one more issue at least, whenever it actually comes out... frustrated.gifmakepoint.gif

I think all of us are guilty of reading WAY too many comics. I remember as a kid pouring over a comic for what seemed like days and months. Now I buy as many comics in one month as I would in one year. As a kid I bought what I liked. I think alot of us are buying out of habit. We start reading a title and just keep with it, plus it must be hardier to drop a title like USM when you've been reading since it started, that whole 'completisit obsession' thing takes over. Oh well that's my personal opinion, and USM is pretty terrible, Bagley is going way down.

Considering I have full run of UFF.

Almost full run UXM, and very close complet run of USM

I won't be dropping them untill they finally exist no more. 27_laughing.gif

blush.gif

So yeah, the Complete Obsession thing has taken me over.

Your crazy man, I like you man...but.....you're crazy

Considering I have full run of UFF.

Almost full run UXM, and very close complet run of USM

I won't be dropping them untill they finally exist no more. 27_laughing.gif

blush.gif

So yeah, the Complete Obsession thing has taken me over.

Your crazy man, I like you man...but.....you're crazy

insane.gif

Not really. Well, that is what I have myself beliving. 27_laughing.gif

I think all of us are guilty of reading WAY too many comics. I remember as a kid pouring over a comic for what seemed like days and months. Now I buy as many comics in one month as I would in one year. As a kid I bought what I liked. I think alot of us are buying out of habit. We start reading a title and just keep with it, plus it must be hardier to drop a title like USM when you've been reading since it started, that whole 'completisit obsession' thing takes over. Oh well that's my personal opinion, and USM is pretty terrible, Bagley is going way down.

I fell into this trap a little over a year ago, when I got back into comics. I now find myself selling, and dropping quite a few titles I have absolutely no interest in now. I have fought this compulsiveness, and won!!! Ultimate Spidey, UFF, and UXM three of those dropped titles.

I fell into this trap a little over a year ago, when I got back into comics. I now find myself selling, and dropping quite a few titles I have absolutely no interest in now. I have fought this compulsiveness, and won!!! Ultimate Spidey, UFF, and UXM three of those dropped titles.

I got back in about 2 years ago now. I was buying freaking everything. I was getting DC crazy with all the Infinite Crisis hype. Which by the way wasn't that good, I don't know I'll have to re-read the thing over break and see...although Villans United was way cool. I know we all pick up a random book or two here and there but it's really just *spoon*. We need less books I think from both companies. If they just put more effort, creative and commercial, into a few GOOD titles, comics would be so much better. Take Ultimates for example, two great guys, although they are always late, Millar and Hitch, is probably one of the best over the past three years. Or Morrison and Quitely take on All Star Superman, by the best new book to come out. Just think if DC and Marvel had only say 6-7 titles a piece. We would all buy every title and it would be a tighter and more "cohesive" universe on both sides.

Man I should be studying for my finals. juggle.gif

It was the first Ultimate title I picked up and it's the last one I'm reading now (not counting Ultimates). It gets dropped after the current story. The Ultimate uneverse was fun for a while, but the rides over.

Personally, I've thought USM was on a real downward spiral until the Clone Saga. I've liked the Clone Saga so far as it ties into the early USM stories, and I'm curious to see how it will end. Having Pete's dad still be alive was an interesting twist, as was Spider-Woman's gender-bending origins.

Gang War and Silver Sable stories in USM were yeahok.gif but I've been having fun reading the Morbius and Clone Saga. The second annual weren't too bad either. I dropped UFF a while back, been on the verge of dropping UXM for a while and Ultimates is up for review after Season 2.

Oh and Ultimate Elektra is sitting on my knee right now in my fantasy world where I live. yay.gifcloud9.gifinsane.gif

I've never bought anything Ultimate... smile.gif

To be honest the only thing that is REALLY good is the Ultimates Vol 1 and 2. The first USM arc, and the UFF Millar/Land run. Everything else has been yeahok.gif

Ultimate Vision, Nightmare, that awful Galactus *spoon* Christo_pull_hair.gif

God I want my money back frustrated.gif

I'm still enjoying Ult Spidey. And as much as I love Kirkman, I've hated his run until the recent Cable one started, which I love. I too have recently dropped UFF. The Zombies storyline was awesome. I couldn't get enough of it. I hung on to the title for while just because of that. Ult. FF vs X-Men, War, Extinction, Daredevil/Electra etc. etc. have all been pretty bad. Yet I still buy them. I finally wised up and opted out of Ult. Vision. Ultimates is solid, but everytime a new issue comes out I have to re-read the last issue since I totally forgot what happened. Maybe the Ultimate line needs a MEGA line now?