• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any documented pedigrees of MLJ comics?

6 posts in this topic

Well....Geppi's a big Archie fan so he may have all the Archies and the Pep keys. I believe that when he bought the Pep 22, it was mentioned in the CBG at that time. Dunno if he still has all those books! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I recall reading somewhere that he bought the Mile High Archie 1 + Pep 22 for 100,000 (50 k each)...

I'm curious where all the high grade Pep 1-65's are. I've seen the Windy City #1 (CGC 9.0 Met owns). Pep #4 and #7 (Larson) sold on EBAY a long time ago. I personally own the Cosmic Aeroplane Pep #54. I think Met also owns the San Fransicso #31 (un slabbed).

That's about it as far as Pep's!

Here's a scan of my sweet #54.... (See attachment)

212403-pep54.jpg.a73e68eaf73c8ac561bf2373af2276d2.jpg

I'm not positive but Oakleaf comics, who "co-found" the Hawkeye pedigree, had some of that type of book from Hawkeye and/or personal collection.. For the life of me, I can't find his email or website address.

Brian

I went through my near-complete collection of auction catalogs from 1990

but did not see a single pedigree copy from any of the 4 titles. The closest

was a Circle-8 copy of Jughead #1 that sold at All-Star in 1991. Did not

check Heritage since their database is readily available.

Gerber, on the other hand, shows dozens of early Church MLJ copies,

including Archie #1 (lots of Blue Ribbon, Jackpot, and Pep issues too).