• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Worst television show ever

111 posts in this topic

The worst show of all time is Seventh Heaven.

The father is a minister who seems to have 50,000 kids on his church salary (and can afford a giant house with a wife who is a full-time mom.)

All his kids seem to get married in their teens (and have kids of their own), run away from home, or are all basically horrible role models. insane.gif

Everyone knows the minister's kids are the troublemakers makepoint.gifgrin.gif

The father is a minister who seems to have 50,000 kids on his church salary (and can afford a giant house with a wife who is a full-time mom.)

All his kids seem to get married in their teens (and have kids of their own), run away from home, or are all basically horrible role models. insane.gif

not to mention it's been on for ten years

screwy.gif

The church probably owns the house and lets him live there, and he also pays no taxes, I'm sure....but your point is taken.

I wouldn't call it "worst show of all time", while there are extant episodes of, say, Wife Swap, though.

some of the great shows that are being tossed out by you guys as "worst" shows, criminey, you guys don't deserve to own TVs if you think Cheers, MASH, Taxi and some of these others are really among the "worst" shows!!!

To each his own. confused-smiley-013.gif

But seriously, I think we're all picking shows that at least lasted a few seasons, and were somewhat popular. I could easily go with some dogs like "Jennifer Slept Here" (with Kirk Cameron) or something, but no would know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of Kirk Cameron, you can add "Growing Pains" to my list as well. tongue.gif

some of the great shows that are being tossed out by you guys as "worst" shows, criminey, you guys don't deserve to own TVs if you think Cheers, MASH, Taxi and some of these others are really among the "worst" shows!!!

Didn't bother to read all posts, who thought Cheers and MASH were the worst shows? They're *spoon*, no question about it.

I am a bad TV afficionado. Here are some of the worst shows in my opinion:

Booker - a 21 Jumpstreet spin off with Richard Greico. I would rather eat dried human *spoon* than watch that tripe again.

Pepper Dennis - cancelled!!! yay.gif

Hello Larry! - MacClean Stevenson left MASH for this show!

Mr. Romance - I can't believe DeeDee convinced me to watch this stupid effing show! I want those 6 hours of my life back. It had Fabio and Gene Simmons. I should have known better.

Rockstar Supernova - They tried to make it glitzy, but you can't polish a turd.

Flavor of Love - Those tramps actually sleep with that little troll. You must really want your 15 minutes to shag the dried up, cracked out California raisin.

A-Team

sumo.gif

(notice my sumo has a mowhawk!)

I did like Mr. T in Rocky III though. thumbsup2.gif

I liked (and still like) the A-Team. It was the ultimate in cheese.

50 million bullets get sprayed around and no one gets hit, unless getting shot was a specific plot device. Classic!!!

"Everybody loves Raymond was a typical "goofy husband pisses off the wife and supposed hilarity ensues" type of show.

Very boring. I saw all that years earlier on Home Improvement."

That's what I thought the first time I watched it, but then I started watching it in reruns and started paying attention to some of the nuances of the jokes and what not and really started to appreciate it. The parents are some great character actors (RIP Peter Boyle), as is the brother. Raymond (like Jerry Seinfeld) is probably the least funny person on the show, but he ties it together. Sure, at some point it started getting old, and it started out kindah slow as the characters had not really been fleshed out, but a decent chunk of its run was borderline brilliant.

Actually, if you want to watch a show that tends to break that typical husband and wife sit com stereotype, watch King of Queens. I never gave the show a second look but after my girlfriend had me watch a couple episodes, it convinced me that it was a bit different.

Still don't know if it's considered a goiod show, bit I figured I'd throw that out there.

Deal or No Deal (a "gameshow" for absolute retards)

The thing that annoys me about that show is that it's exactly the same thing show after show after show after show. Watch it once and you never have to watch it again.

If you want to watch a truly entertaining game show, watch old Match Game reruns on the game show network.

CSI - it's always the damn DNA! Every single episode yet it spawns more and more spin-off's! But it's DNA in Miami, now Jay! Just how many reasons for being inactive/fat do people need?

Survivor - I just don't understand how any incarnation of this show is compelling at all. Throw 20 some people on an island - waivers signed - $20 million dollar purse that is only active if less than half are left standing on the island at the end. Then I'm there.

Thirty Something - I just remember this show being 'that show' that came on once a week when I was a kid that made want to change the channel and hide the remote.

Dancing With the Stars - come on people...

Amercia's Most Wanted - any reason that we keep John Walsh on television can't be looked upon as a positive. Okay, losing a son gives you one season - the reason is over dramatized BS.

Stark Trek: Enterprise - How do you go from something bordering on brilliant (DS-9) to Voyager then to this?

Survivor - I just don't understand how any incarnation of this show is compelling at all. Throw 20 some people on an island - waivers signed - $20 million dollar purse that is only active if less than half are left standing on the island at the end. Then I'm there.

heh, heh. Now that might be entertaining. devil.gif

Its a tie between: Every Dumb-*spoon* "Realty" Show and Mr. Ed (I mean, come the *spoon* on...A TALKING HORSE!!???tongue.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifboo.gifscrewy.gif)

Three of my top 5 shows that I love. Add in MASH and 3's company and you have a sweep haha

Cheers (I always hated Shelly Long as a teenager)

WKRP in Cincinnati (nothing personal against Loni Anderson)

Taxi (some wacked out characters there)

O.K., here are some more:

A-Team

Chips (Erik Estrada anyone?! confused-smiley-013.gif)

Arsenio Hall Show (sorry, couldn't stand him)

Benson (Oh, God!)

Mr. Belvidere, Silver Spoons (Some of the worst comedy shows ever)

Wonder Years (wanted to choke Fred Savage for being so annoying)

Miami Vice (part of 80's that I want to forget)

The Golden Girls, Designing Women, Ally McBeal, Murphy Brown (need I say more?! confused-smiley-013.gif)

I haven't given a lot of today's shows (Lost, Desperate Housewives, etc.) a chance, so I can't make a judgment.

Three of my top 5 shows that I love. Add in MASH and 3's company and you have a sweep haha

O.K., here are some more:

A-Team

Chips (Erik Estrada anyone?! confused-smiley-013.gif)

Arsenio Hall Show (sorry, couldn't stand him)

Benson (Oh, God!)

Mr. Belvidere, Silver Spoons (Some of the worst comedy shows ever)

Wonder Years (wanted to choke Fred Savage for being so annoying)

Miami Vice (part of 80's that I want to forget)

The Golden Girls, Designing Women, Ally McBeal, Murphy Brown (need I say more?! confused-smiley-013.gif)

I haven't given a lot of today's shows (Lost, Desperate Housewives, etc.) a chance, so I can't make a judgment.

Well Three's Company is my favorite all-time sitcom,so there you go.

Nothing personal about the shows you mentioned, but I just didn't like them after watching a couple of episodes. For instance, Taxi and WKRP were my aunt's favorite sitcoms and was astonished that I didn't like them as well.