• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Grading Fun

16 posts in this topic

Here's a silver book that I had graded around 6 months after CGC started...it's long gone...so it wasn't either one of the 2 I referred to in another post. Anyways, what do you guys think CGC thought of this book? BTW, the back cover is very very slightly tan otherwise gorgeous back cover with no flaws. Also, all scratches and tears are on the CGC case (esp those little white lines near the bottom). Anyways, what do you think..

http://home.mchsi.com/~bpmdu/ASM35.jpg

Brian

I am may be way off but I think since the corners are all slightly rounded and the bottom left of the book has a slight problem that I think the grade according to CGC would be 8.5 .

VF 8.0, btw the corners aren't rounded at all I don't know why it showed up like that. Even with a magnifier they don't look rounded except of course the llc. Anyways, that's the only flaw..anyways, having the scan brought back some lovely members of when CGC was first coming out within the first 4 months I tried to auction this book...and almost everyone who bidded wanted a high res scan cause they evidentally didn't trust the CGC grade..interesting how attitudes have changed over the years.

Brian

In the upper-left corner on Spidey's chin, there appears to be a circular mark that almost looks like somebody tried but gave up on punching a hole in the cover to stick it in a 3-ring binder. Was that mark really on the comic?

Yeh I don't have the book anymore and don't recall it being there the case was pretty well beat up so it could be on there..but my guess would be if there was a paper punch like that it wouldn't have even gotten an 8.0

Brian