• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Thanos Appreciation Thread

139 posts in this topic

I'm at work guys so I can't send a scan, but (Jim Starlin) Thanos is EASILY my favorite villian in all of comics. I am just starting to collect again after 24 years, but I do have the following (not CGC):

Avengers ANN #7 (VF/NM)

MTIO ANN #2 (NM)

CM #'s

25 ( VF to VF/NM)

27 (VF/NM to NM-)

30 (NM)

32 (NM)

I love the part in MTIO Ann#2 when the Thing asks him "But why?" he wants to destroy the Galaxy...Thanos replies (with a big cheese eating grin) "Why for Death, of course" AWESOME!!! That gave me chills when I was a kid....

---------------------

I want Collectible Grade (VF or higher) Silver/Bronze Age ASM, FF, & UXMs!!!

I'm at work guys so I can't send a scan, but (Jim Starlin) Thanos is EASILY my favorite villian in all of comics. I am just starting to collect again after 24 years, but I do have the following (not CGC):

Avengers ANN #7 (VF/NM)

MTIO ANN #2 (NM)

CM #'s

25 ( VF to VF/NM)

27 (VF/NM to NM-)

30 (NM)

32 (NM)

I love the part in MTIO Ann#2 when the Thing asks him "But why?" he wants to destroy the Galaxy...Thanos replies (with a big cheese eating grin) "Why for Death, of course" AWESOME!!! That gave me chills when I was a kid....

---------------------

I want Collectible Grade (VF or higher) Silver/Bronze Age ASM, FF, & UXMs!!!

Nice run to start rebuilding a collection thumbsup2.gif The whole Warlock/Thanos/Capt Marvel war was and is one of my favorite reads in comics

Yes, it was a great story. Avengers #125 is still as hard to find in great shape as it was 20 years ago lol. I just started collecting again in September so I'm doing okay...

You know, I never really did like the cover to Thanos Quest 2. But I always thought the cover to Thanos Quest 1 was probably the best Thanos drawing until recently.

Which would now have to be this IMHO (again not Bronze):

ANNIHI005_cov.jpg

You know, I never really did like the cover to Thanos Quest 2. But I always thought the cover to Thanos Quest 1 was probably the best Thanos drawing until recently.

Which would now have to be this IMHO (again not Bronze):

ANNIHI005_cov.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking. If I went head to head with Thanos looking like that I'd probably *spoon* a brick before the fight even started.

Man, why do some people have to come into a nice Bronze thread and start posting Modern drek. foreheadslap.gif

says the guy posting Copper drek...