• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Thanos Appreciation Thread

139 posts in this topic

You know, for all the krep that Marvel reprints, the fact that they haven't reprinted the Adam Warlock/Thanos showdown from the Starlin 70s run is really a shame.

Greetings,

Are u sure this has never been reprinted....perhaps u missed it. I am holding in my hands, (unfortunately my scanner will not work) a copy of Warlock Vol.2, # 5 from September 1992, that contains part of Marvel team-up, ( Byrne art) with Warlock -Spiderman, and Avengers Annual #7 (With an all new Starlin cover)..... Also,I believe part (if not all...?) of the arc was reprinted in "Fantasy Masterpieces" Volume whatever, ( Along with the original Silver Surfer run ) a little bit earlier, perhaps 78-79-80ish or somewheres about....help me out JC...

Or perhaps you meant reprinted recently......(?)

........ popcorn.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Bump

I believe that I finished my collection of all bronze Thanos appearances. I have the following:

Iron Man #55

Daredevil #105,107

Captain Marvel #25-33

Logan's Run #6

Marvel Feature #12

Avengers #118,125

Warlock #9-11, 15

Avengers Annual #7

Marvel two-in-one Annual #2

I also have Iron Man #88 which has a flashback with Thanos.

Whhoooopppssss,

Hey Ashrael, I am not sure if you know it or not, and I don't want to get into an argument about whether it is Bronze or not, but "our boy" Thanos has a major role in "The Death of Captain Marvel" Graphic Novel, and no Bronze Age Thanos collection would be complete without it !!!! Check it out !!(If you have not already ) Starlin art , and writing. ( And I think he did some of the inks himself) )

thumbsup2.gif

Bump

I believe that I finished my collection of all bronze Thanos appearances. I have the following:

Iron Man #55

Daredevil #105,107

Captain Marvel #25-33

Logan's Run #6

Marvel Feature #12

Avengers #118,125

Warlock #9-11, 15

Avengers Annual #7

Whhoooopppssss,

Hey Ashrael, I am not sure if you know it or not, and I don't want to get into an argument about whether it is Bronze or not, but "our boy" Thanos has a major role in "The Death of Captain Marvel" Graphic Novel, and no Bronze Age Thanos collection would be complete without it !!!! Check it out !!(If you have not already ) Starlin art , and writing. ( And I think he did some of the inks himself) )

thumbsup2.gif

Bump

Yes, I do have that one. In fact, except for a few Quasar issues ('cause I don't like him) and the Spidey stories issue, I think I have every Thanos appearance until the Infinity Gauntlet story started.

Iron Man #55

Daredevil #105,107

Captain Marvel #25-33

Logan's Run #6

Marvel Feature #12

Avengers #118,125

Warlock #9-11, 15

Avengers Annual #7

Hey ashrael,

Check out marvel 2-in-1 , 61-63, a 3 part arc with some flashback panels of Thanos, not the best looking Thanos ever, but some good looking Jerry Bingham artwork otherwise...Hope this helps complete your BA Thanos collection !!!!

thumbsup2.gif

Regards,

Bump

Thanks, I will have to get them if I can find them cheap smile.gif

The green guy is Drax The Destroyer.

Okay, so when did Drax shrink to 1/3 his size and/or Thanos grow so much? That pic is just stupid.

Or is the artist just on crack.

the rest of the picture Marvel didn't want you to see (sorry, you try drawing with a mouse sometime and tell me how it comes out for you);

040352786624cz2.gif

Excellent post!

Bad choice for Thanos voice. I always thought it was very, very deep.

Agreed. He is too big to be talking like he does.

They shoulda used Mike Tyson

Yes, but not fully.

The 5 issue Life of Captain Marvel is the best, with some edits, while the "Life and Death of Captain Marvel" trade was far worse, with more edits, deletion of most splash pages and intros, all in the effort to make it more of a "graphic novel".

So no, I do not believe Captain Marvel 25-33 were ever fully reprinted.