• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, more info and less kidding - The CGC Registry - Where to find it.

57 posts in this topic

• Administrator
How can I add pictures? Kevin

To add pictures to your Registry entries, choose "Manage Comics" from the Comics menu.

You will be prompted to enter search criteria to find the book you want to manage.

After you enter your search criteria, you will see a list of the comics you registered that match your search criteria.

Click the box next to the title you wish to manage and click edit.

You will see a management screen for that title where you can enter your own comments about the book and browse for images on your local drive.

After you are through, click "Yes, Commit the changes".

It didn't work, It said "Cannot find Server" what am i doing wrong? Kevin

Kevin,

Can you email me the image you are trying to post (dskeffington@ngccoin.com)? I will log in as you and see what's going on.

• Administrator
Dena or Arch, I have a hypothetical scenario:

Let's say someone decides to go through a database like Heritage, and takes down bar-code #'s of high end books they don't own and inputs them into their registry.(It's stupid, but I wouldn't put it past a lot of people). Then let's say I'm looking through the registry, and see a book I own in someone else's collection. I asume I could contact you guys to get it removed as long as I provide proof of ownership? And what kind of proof would you need to verify I CURRENTLY own the book? What I could also see happening is people keeping books they once owned on the registry inorder to boost their rating. In that scenario, 2 people could be claiming ownership and could provide proof, so what would be done? And would there be some sort of dicipline(Like banning) to as individual who is found to be falsly boosting their status?

Has this kind of thing happen with the coin registry? And if so, how was it handled? I know that for some collectors(particularly high grade collectors), the ego appeal is the main reason they collect(whether they admit it or not), and as the registry grows in size, I could see this kind of thing happening.

Good questions.

If you submit a cert number that is already registered to someone else, the entry is flagged and put aside for special handling by the system managers. The system managers will contact both parties to determine ownership. If there is a dispute over ownership that we couldn't resolve through the submission of scans as proof, we would require that the parties send the book in to us as proof of ownership.

It has never gotten that far on the coin side. There was one instance where two users claimed they had the same coin but after one user went to his safety deposit box to look at the coin, he realized he entered the wrong cert number.

Regarding the ability for someone to copy cert numbers from the internet, that really becomes an issue of the "honor system" because it would be nearly impossible for us to police this practice 100% of the time. However, on the coin side I found that the users really help me police this sort of thing. If they see entries that look suspicious, they report them to me and I check them out. Collectors who are really in tune with the industry know who owns what, and what is up for sale, so anyone copying numbers from the net would get caught pretty quickly. And yes, anyone caught cheating will be banned sumo.gif

Arich,

Every time I click on Hulk 1-6 set,then try and click Save, it doesn't work,It says on the Bottom onf the page in the lower right hand corner "Done,but with errors on page"..can you fix it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Kevin

Hmmm... we should be able to check out these problems over the weekend. We'll let you know what we find.

Problem's fixed. You should be able to add sets again.

-D

I like multiple copies of different issues myself. Just certain issues I really like and don't mind buying more than a few. Ones with great covers, stories, artists, characters, etc..

Every collector has different interests, those weirdos!

I have multiples of single issues myself, but I think I see the point of the registry. A set of lets say, X-Men 1-100 (hypothetically). The run only has one number one, one number two etc. If you have more than one issue then you would be starting on another "set". That is just how I see it.

Gary grin.gif