• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

click the front page of CGC. Looks cool!

46 posts in this topic

I like it too but thought I had inadvertently clicked on Wizard.com.

Sheesh, can they make the Wizard logo any more prominent?

My point exactly. The CGC logo should dominate the page the second you open it. Ads should be to the side or bottom.

I like it too but thought I had inadvertently clicked on Wizard.com.

Sheesh, can they make the Wizard logo any more prominent?

My point exactly. The CGC logo should dominate the page the second you open it. Ads should be to the side or bottom.

I thought it was very reminiscent of the Wizard site myself... The advertising banner at the top seems misplaced... Almost as it they wanted to leave space in the upper right for a shopping cart/my account section.

i like the colour scheme. i also agree with Sterling; the "balloon" image MouseOver in the bottom-upper nav bar is cool too.

BUT - the layout is far too busy for my eyes. one issue to me is that there are too many different fonts - face, colour and size - but the main problem is that there's no main focus to capture the eye. the eye wanders all around, eventually going up to the banner ad at the top...which does a great job standing out, as it is well-placed within an orange coloured and visually arresting sunburst area.

looks to me - and i've done some website designing of my own - that they wanted to include as much as they could on the front page. confused-smiley-013.gif it's a pretty typical request from site owners. so we get a lot of little sections - Book of the Month, Submission, News, Sig Series, eBay banner, "Advertise with us" banner, Registry, "Vintage Photography," Events, eNewsletter sign up...whew!

it might be personal preference, but i like a less-cluttered landing page. give people informative links to find areas that appeal to them, and try to find one main thing that you want most people to focus on.

Oh, and i wouldn't have done an "advertise with us" banner, but rather put "Advertise" as a top-level link, replacing one of "Events" or "News" but that's just me

The top banner is a little much, but other than that it looks great. I was hoping to see some changes to the census, but hopefully more updates are to come!

gossip.gif More updates and new, different pages coming headbang.gif

I agree with Sal that navigation was a bit confusing at first...I eventually figured out that there was more content by looking at the content sections on the left but it wasn't instantly obvious. I also agree that the color combos are nice, but distracting--which may be adding to the navigation problem. I think some of the color combinations may not be "web friendly" in that there may be an assumption on a higher color depth for some of the color choices.

Again, just providing feedback as I'm sure the site will get fine tuning over time.

The top banner is a little much, but other than that it looks great. I was hoping to see some changes to the census, but hopefully more updates are to come!

gossip.gif More updates and new, different pages coming headbang.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Looks great Steve. headbang.gif I know, that you guys have put a lot of time into this. Are the ads extra revenue for CGC?