• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 1

161 posts in this topic

how does a corner crease get a 9.6

Ssssshhhhhh. No whining. Everyone else got it right, so it must be ok to have a 1/4 inch crease in a 9.6. gossip.gif

Scott, I want to purchase you 11.0 ASM, PM me

I thought the LRC had a crease (looked that way in the scan) and was too lazy to ask the question. 27_laughing.gif

To be honest with you, I saw that crease , flip floped..... and guessed wrong. I went with 9.4 thinking since it was a newer issue rather then older CGC gave it tough love.

Congrats to those who nailed it.

Ze-

Didn't even notice the crease. Took a quick glance at the corners & spine....graded it a NM+....then added .2 since it was recently graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

On to the next round... popcorn.gif

Ssssshhhhhh. No whining. Everyone else got it right, so it must be ok to have a 1/4 inch crease in a 9.6. gossip.gif

Q: When is a corner crease not a corner crease? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A: When it doesn't exist except in your mind . . . 27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif Actually, the soft ULFC had me leaning towards 9.4 . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You can't afford it. poke2.gif

You can't afford it. poke2.gif

tonofbricks.gif

Glad I didn't see it! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Me 2! 893applaud-thumb.gif

To be completely honest.....I just couldn't see Nik submitting anything less than a 9.8 copy of that book. Hence my grade. grin.gif

Then you guys are in for a big surprise this time around angel.gif

I figured most of you guys would think I would send in only books that would grade 9X

Not going to be that easy devil.gif