• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GGA Covers

My favorite GGA Cover series is from...  

138 members have voted

1. 1. My favorite GGA Cover series is from...

19 posts in this topic

As far as quantity is concerned, Jungle and Jumbo would be the obvious choices, but since I'm a huge Kamen fan, I'll have to go with his Blue Beetle run (especially issue #'s 48, 49, 50, 52 and 54). Planet Comics also has some great covers.

Wow very nice to see all different choices. I was tempted to put in Archer Corliss also since I chased after #1 issue and decided against paying over guide for it. But that's another one of my enjoyable covers I wish to gather someday.

Well i voted for Phantom lady because 16 & 17 are in my opinion the top of GGA covers. Quantity wise and consistency is best found in Jumbo and Jungle where Jungle is my favorite. All through the series it features GGA, Lingerie, Bondage etc. etc. and a nice long run in the later issues from Maurice Whitman. Eisners cover to issue 2 is also legandary not to mention the first issue cover by Lou Fine. I was fortunate enough to win a batch from a couple of HA auctions, the first two have been received, cracked, and posted along with interior shots in the "crack addidct" thread in the GA forum. I will post the remaining once in there when i receive them for your viewing pleasure

Well i voted for Phantom lady because 16 & 17 are in my opinion the top of GGA covers. Quantity wise and consistency is best found in Jumbo and Jungle where Jungle is my favorite. All through the series it features GGA, Lingerie, Bondage etc. etc. and a nice long run in the later issues from Maurice Whitman. Eisners cover to issue 2 is also legandary not to mention the first issue cover by Lou Fine. I was fortunate enough to win a batch from a couple of HA auctions, the first two have been received, cracked, and posted along with interior shots in the "crack addidct" thread in the GA forum. I will post the remaining once in there when i receive them for your viewing pleasure

popcorn.gif

How can you have a GGA poll without an option for Startling Comics? mad.gif There may not have been many GGA Startling covers, but the few that are out there are the best GGA covers ever drawn, hands down. Discussion over. sumo.gif

How can you have a GGA poll without an option for Startling Comics? mad.gif There may not have been many GGA Startling covers, but the few that are out there are the best GGA covers ever drawn, hands down. Discussion over. sumo.gif

frown.gif It was off the top of my head, I knew I missed some good ones such as Startling, blue beetle etc. Check the "other" box tongue.gif

As far as quantity is concerned, Jungle and Jumbo would be the obvious choices, but since I'm a huge Kamen fan, I'll have to go with his Blue Beetle run (especially issue #'s 48, 49, 50, 52 and 54). Planet Comics also has some great covers.

Blue Beetle 54 is one of my favorites. thumbsup2.gif

Also like Startling Comics 49 and Spirit 22. cloud9.gif

Blue Beetle 54 is one of my favorites. thumbsup2.gif

Also like Startling Comics 49 and Spirit 22. cloud9.gif

I'd go with Blue Beetle too then Planet Comics, tthen maybe Seven Seas, Fight, Rangers.

Dagar #14 is one of the great GGA covers of the GA!

The long Fiction House runs have the advantage just due to the sheer volume of GGA Covers. Many FH covers would be broken out in the guide by now if they had been used by another publisher, but get lost in the abundance. Jungle titles by all publishers have an advantage in that "jungle girls" wore far less clothing than would have been approved of in a more "civilized" setting. I picked Rangers as my favorite over-all GGA title over other FH titles though, not based on any particular cover, but because so many stick out in my memory.

as for Teen Humor titles - while it is undeniable many have solid GGA covers, the genre is not as appealing to me as others. Besides, the best GGA covers usually have a bondage element to them. GGA and bondage go together like hot chocolate and whipped cream.