• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

batman 615

82 posts in this topic

Although I mainly collect Marvel. I do pick up some DC books, mostly the Batman family of books and JLA.

So I pick up the new Batman 615, because I liked the cover art, classic pose. I was blown away by the ending. My question is, do you think this might become a classic issue?

It's so hard nowadays to guess what will be classic. Not in the Hulk 181 value sense, just in the daredevil 51 sense.

I run hot & cold on Hush. Thought the Bruce/Selina relationship was really under-developed. Hated the Batman's attempted homicide of the Joker. But I really liked the Batman/Nightwing inter-play in the issue you mention. 616 was a bit of a letdown: the hundredth replay of the classic desert confrontation between Bats & Ras from Batman 244. In summary, up until now, I've enjoyed Jim Lee's contributions (esp. the shot of the Batcave: "fantastic toys" indeed), and been lukewarm at best on Jeph Loeb's.

But at this point my overall view of Hush will depend upon 2 things:

1) How they resolve the Batman/Catwoman relationship

2) Whether the identity of Hush makes sense (615's ending is a nice red herring)

Fingers crossed they can pull this one off. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Bring on Azz & Risso (100 Bullets team) for the next arc!

(esp. the shot of the Batcave: "fantastic toys" indeed

that was a great visual of the batcars stacked floor to ceiling. Wondering what they do with the Two-Face/Harvey Dent thing also.

As I said earlier this is how I get sucked into DC books.

think Hush is pretty good... everyone's right about the plot holes, but the lee art is fantastic... I think the story is interesting enough to keep me reading...

I'm still partial to the mystery villian being Jason Todd... there just seems to be a lot on him...

there was a jason todd story in flashback in another batbook that came out last week, that tied into the current story that looked like todd's father suing bruce wayne for wrongful death or something because he didn't care properly for todd.

Who knows, it fits with the whole Lazurus pit thing, knowing Bruce Wayne etc., I actually can't think of another dead person in the Bats mythos who fits. Could be way off... be a pretty bold stunt if it were true.

Didn't want to say anything, but I've been wondering the same thing re: Hush. (Frank Miller leads the way again re: Grayson going bad in the Dark Knight sequel). But wasn't it said the Lazarus Pit was used in the last several months: how then was the body preserved since his death?

It was definitely alluded to that the Lazurus pit was used, hence why bats tracked down Ra's... as far as how the already beaten and blown to bits body was preserved... who knows? if todd is the hush villian, well, then I hope Loeb explains that somewhat small problem...

But it's obviously someone very familiar with the Batman history, his villians, what makes him tick, etc. I've tried to think of a Batman character who is dead who would fit all of those things. Jason and Bats didn't get along that great when he was alive... think of how he would react (both to the somewhat odd effects the Lazurus pit has when used to the mind and to the fact that he's back from the dead...) when he's brought back by somebody...

But then it begs the question... who dug him up and why? if Todd is the Hush villian, who's the real villian running the show? That would have to be the next twist... cause it's someone who knows about the Lazurus pit (somebody like luthor? but I seriously doubt that one) and knew about Jason Todd and knew Todd was Robin.

Wizard had an April Fool's article about Todd being alive and calling Loeb about it... who knows, maybe it was true.

It wouldn't be the first improbable rabbit Loeb has pulled outa his hat!

But the more I think about it, the more I like it-- maybe then we could put the post-Death in the Family psycho-Batman behind us. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Cheers,

Z.

But the more I think about it, the more I like it-- maybe then we could put the post-Death in the Family psycho-Batman behind us. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Cheers,

Z.

If they bring back Jason Todd I will sell all my comics and start a rock garden! tongue.gif

DAM

hmmm... is that a firm promise DAM?

foolkiller,

you must be a buyer of modern-age Batman comics...

...and a seller of fine rocks! tongue.gif

Cheers,

Z.

Cheers,

Z.

If they bring back Jason Todd I will sell all my comics and start a rock garden! tongue.gif

DAM

Start picking out those rocks then Dave,,...cause after reading Batman Gotham Knights #43 last night it looks like this is exactly where this is going...especially since they played up on how Jason kind of had a real mean streak in him......he's coming back and he is pi$$ed.

J.D.

I'd hate to see the Hush villian be Jason Todd. But on the bright side, if that brat really is the Hush villian and he's alive, then we get the pleasure of killing him off again.

Personally, I can't wait for Hush to end. It's a big snoozer that doesn't deserve the attention it's getting. Take a look at this month's Detective of LODK for some really good stories.

Take a look at this month's Detective of LODK for some really good stories.

LODK is better than it's been in a long time. Liked last month's Willingham 1-shot (even though it was kind of a throwaway gag issue, it worked!). And the new Tom Peyer / Tony Harris arc has great potential. I liked the way Peyer fooled me at the beginning by having the voice-over narration turn out to not be who we thought it was.

Cheers,

Z.

hmmm... is that a firm promise DAM?

I don't know if that's a firm promise, but I would definitely be uber upset and would probably cry. A Death in the Family is the best piece of literature, comic or otherwise, I have ever read with the exception of the Godfather. To bring Jason back after 15 years would be really, really wrong on so many different levels.

And the rock garden might happen anyway. After successfully killing my bamboo plant (can't get much worse than that, huh?) I think I might get a pet rock or two. Can't kill those tongue.gif

DAM

Start picking out those rocks then Dave,,...cause after reading Batman Gotham Knights #43 last night it looks like this is exactly where this is going...especially since they played up on how Jason kind of had a real mean streak in him......he's coming back and he is pi$$ed.

J.D.

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The horror . . . the horror . . .

893offtopic1.gif sort of... i just saw some guy's auction on eBay saying that 611 has the lowest print run of the hush storyline. (so he was, of course, selling it as the "low-run" batman issue, ala usm #5.) does anyone know anything about this or is it typical eBay bs?

To bring Jason back after 15 years would be really, really wrong on so many different levels.

Now you know how Spider-Man fans felt when Norman Osborne was brought back from the dead.....

Jim