• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 2

138 posts in this topic

Staples... i don't see no stinkin' staples...

actually i did, but i didn't... if that makes any sense... i wasn't really sure what i was seeing... what else is new.... cool.giffrustrated.gif

That's exactly how I felt about them. I stared at them for about 20 seconds & thought I was seeing things. Not sure why I didn't ask. insane.gif

Holy *spoon*. They hammered it THAT bad for some slight rust on the staples? confused.gif

Perhaps it's a bit nastier on the inside of the cover?

Either that or there was some ever-so-slight moisture waviness . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

actually, i think the rust is migrating to the pages, which would explain a VF- grade to me

Which makes grading just the cover that much more interesting.

if that's the case you can't grade this book without graders notes!

i asked nik about the staples and was still way off. I did some reading on rusty staples and the general consensus was rusty staples don't hurt super HG books as much as one would think. boy was I wrong

i asked nik about the staples and was still way off. I did some reading on rusty staples and the general consensus was rusty staples don't hurt super HG books as much as one would think. boy was I wrong

No you weren't wrong, there has to be more visible migration on the inside covers or at the centerfold, as it is de minimus on the exterior areas. sumo.gif

But hey, that's what makes the game challenging . . . cool.gif

If the contest is going to include books that have defects that aren't visible from the scan and there's no indication of the defects in the description of the book and the scan is so bright you can't see any of the rust migration, then it's kind of pointless to score people on their grading.

God damn! I thought LG due to staples and all. but not 7.5!!!

yearh i took a stab at 8.5 since they are supposed to be so leniant on rust on HG was going back and forth between 8.0 and 8.5 but since it was otherwise 9.4 i decided for 8.5. *spoon* tongue.gif

God damn! I thought LG due to staples and all. but not 7.5!!!

yearh i took a stab at 8.5 since they are supposed to be so leniant on rust on HG was going back and forth between 8.0 and 8.5 but since it was otherwise 9.4 i decided for 8.5. *spoon* tongue.gif

Remember that a speck of rust on one of those BB Safe books knocked it from a 9.8 to 9.4

The staples on this comic were ENTIRELY rusted from the looks of it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Since they're working backwards from a 10 point scale instead of unilaterally declaring something like "rust only allow below fine", it's almost like they're deducting 1.0 - 1.2 points for each severely rusted staple.

actually, i think the rust is migrating to the pages, which would explain a VF- grade to me

Which makes grading just the cover that much more interesting.

if that's the case you can't grade this book without graders notes!

You can ask Nik in a PM goddamnit ! makepoint.gif

I did, i asked " has the rust migrated to the interior" my reply was "I believe it has a little" confused-smiley-013.gif

So once again, no reason for complaining! tongue.gif