• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE CGC 9.6 COPIES ALLOWED TO HAVE A PRE MARVEL CHIP??

22 posts in this topic

I think it is a production defect much like a printer's crease in CGC's eyes so does not detract from the grade. I think 9.6 would be the cutoff for a pre chip though.

R.

If CGC allows pre-chips in a 9.6 then the grade is devalued.

Don't know if i agree. I look at it more as a personal preference. Much like date stamps, miswraps and centering. There was a time period when you couldn't find a Marvel without any of these defects. I think it adds character to the book as it harkens my mind back to a time when dominating DC corp. was trying to crush Marvel and they (Marvel) had to make do with some of the cr@ppiest printing equipment on the planet. I have a soft spot for early SA Marvels simply because of the type of ink, paper and production process the used. That's just me though...romance and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. Some people go ga-ga for 10 cent DC's...to me they are an absolute joke. Pink covers, poor art, wacky storys. So just personal preference as far as I'm concerned. confused-smiley-013.gif

R.

Some people go ga-ga for 10 cent DC's...to me they are an absolute joke. Pink covers, poor art, wacky storys.
27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gifhail.gif

I hate you Roy.

emot-350.gif

I suppose they're better than DC romance 100 pagers gossip.gif

flowerred.gif

Some people go ga-ga for 10 cent DC's...to me they are an absolute joke. Pink covers, poor art, wacky storys.

I hate you Roy.

emot-350.gif

flowerred.gif

I love ya Roy tongue.gif

I hate you Roy.

emot-350.gif

flowerred.gif

I bought Young Love 107 on ebay, recieved the pink covered book and then gave it away to a boardie insane.gif

I hate you Roy.

emot-350.gif

flowerred.gif

I love ya Roy tongue.gif

cloud9.gif

You don't know what you're talking about. makepoint.gif

1623716-adv259.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Where was that when we were voting in the top 10 covers of the silver age?

You need to be blind to appreciate a cover like that.

foreheadslap.gif

Some of the Old timers might back me up, But in the old days "marvel chipping" was NOT taken into account in ANY grade....

Pat I think you are correct (though I'm not an old timer) as it was a normal thing. DC's on the other hand are hammered for it (just what I've heard, not seen).

R.

1623716-adv259.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Where was that when we were voting in the top 10 covers of the silver age?

You need to be blind to appreciate a cover like that.

foreheadslap.gif

this cover is better on an order of magnitude than any cover that actually has Krypto thinking to himself. "Krypto thinking covers" are the ne plus ultra of cheeseball chrapola SA DC covers

1623716-adv259.jpg

A lavendarish Krypto cover..., 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm..., time to redecorate I think! yay.gif

p.s. that is a nice schlong!