• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Set Categories Coming Your Way!

64 posts in this topic

Agreed, I think complete sets are far more interesting than mini-runs. After all, isn't the idea who has the best collection of that title? Not, who has the best collection of part of the title?

Brian

Who has the "ALL FLASH" RUN? I was wondering what kind of grade the #1 issue was in and/or if it was CGC graded. I found one about 1 year ago and had it CGC'D and it came back CGC VF 8.0 OW PAGES, just wanted to know what else was out there!

Agreed, I think complete sets are far more interesting than mini-runs. After all, isn't the idea who has the best collection of that title? Not, who has the best collection of part of the title?

Brian

I agree. We are supposed to be collectors, not mini collectors. Having a competition between entire runs is a lot more challenging than just a few popular issues. So change that jla run to include all 261 issues plus annuals....and well call it even. cool.gif

Sal

Brian

What about one-shots???...will there ever be a place for them... crazy.gif

Sets to follow soon after:

Amazing Fantasy 15, Amazing Spider-Man 1-328, Annual 1-24, Giant-Size Spider-Man 1-6 (Complete Spider-Man Run)

Avengers 1-150, Annual 1-6, Giant-Size Avengers 1-5 (Complete Avengers 1-150 Run)

Conan the Barbarian 1-100, Giant-Size Conan 1-5, Annual 1-5 (Complete Conan 1-100 Run)

Incredible Hulk 102-200, Annual 1-5, Giant-Size Hulk 1(Complete Hulk 102-200 Run)

Iron Man 1-200, Annual 1-7, Giant-Size Iron Man 1(Complete Iron Man Run)

Uncanny X-Men 144-201, Annual 3-9(Complete X-Men 144-201 Run)

X-Men 1-201, Annual 1-9, Giant Size 1, 2 (Complete X-Men Run)

X-Men 1-66, Annual 1 (Complete Original X-Men Run)

X-Men 67-93 Annual 2, Giant-Size X-Men 2 (Complete Reprint Issues X-Men Run)

X-Men 94-107, Giant Size X-Men 1 ( Complete New X-Men Run)

X-Men 108-141, Uncanny X-Men 142, 143 (Complete John Byrne X-Men Run)

All-Flash 1-32 (Complete All-Flash Run)

Atom 1-38, Atom and the Hawkman 39-45 (Complete Atom Run)

Batman 1-300, Annual 1-7(Complete Batman 1-300 Run)

dena,

When are we likely to see these sets go up?

Thx

• Administrator

The Complete Hulk 102-200 Run is now open.

We are trying to release at least two new sets each week. Some sets require a little more work than others but we will do our best to roll these out as quickly as possible.

The Complete Hulk 102-200 Run is now open.

We are trying to release at least two new sets each week. Some sets require a little more work than others but we will do our best to roll these out as quickly as possible.

cloud9.gif

Brian

I agree. We are supposed to be collectors, not mini collectors. Having a competition between entire runs is a lot more challenging than just a few popular issues. So change that jla run to include all 261 issues plus annuals....and well call it even. cool.gif

Sal

I agree with titles like ASM, FF, Avengers etc..., but not necessarily with titles that changed genre in the middle of the run, like Tales of Suspense, TTA etc....

They should be seperated by genre since most collectors will be either Atlas completionists, or Superhero/Marvel completionists. For those who are both, they can just post 2 different sets. wink.gif

X-Men #67-#93 are now open!

Is anyone really collecting CGC runs of these numbers?

They are only reprints after all, I would have thought that there were more important sets to include in the registry first... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why don't you just do full runs of the major titles? These mini-runs just don't make sense!! Is there anyone out there who really said "well I guess I'll just collect X-men 1-66"???

Brian

Quite possibly so...1 to 66 is the complete run of original X-Men. The reprints started at 67.

I know quite a few X-Men collectors who are collecting #1-#66, then #94 up. Some people aren't interested in the reprints with recycled S.A covers.

Okay, so why would the full run not make sense then? I know people who collect ASM 20-37 but I certainly don't think there should be a run of it. If they do this for ASM there's gonna be what.. like 10 mini-runs? It just doesn't make sense.. it's the best set isn't it? Not the best series inside a series.

Brian