• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Set Categories Coming Your Way!

64 posts in this topic

Where did I say a full run dosen't make sense?

You said:

Is there anyone out there who really said "well I guess I'll just collect X-men 1-66"???

And I'm just commenting on that, because in the case of those X-Men's #66 is not just an arbitrary number, it's when the original series ended. So it does make sense, and there are people who are just going to collect #1-#66. I already said earlier in another thread that sets like ASM #1-25 didn't really make any sense.

Why don't you just do full runs of the major titles? These mini-runs just don't make sense!! Is there anyone out there who really said "well I guess I'll just collect X-men 1-66"???

I wouldn't consider buy #67-93. So yes, to me #1-66 makes perfect sense. Since starting with #67 they are reprints, I almost look at it as another Title.

What might make some sense is to do sets based on Age (i.e. Silver-Age, Bronze-Age, etc.).

In other cases, such as TOS, TTA, JIM, you would only do the Super-Hero issues and eventually the Pre-Hero issues so you will have a strange number of issues and some strange breaks (i.e. TTA #27, 35-101).

But in some cases, there are people like me who like to collect the series regardless of reprints, non-superhero stories and etc. I do wish this registry would add more complete sets. Mini-sets, in my opinion, are not a big challenge. It's too easy to complete and once you do, what then, upgrade? A friend of mine and myself would love to see a New Teen Titans/ Tales of the New Titans (1980 series) complete set up on the registry, regardless of the reprints, so we can compete with each other and other collectors to see who has the best complete set. I guess the only way to make everyone happy is to have both mini-sets and complete sets. Maybe someday.

But in some cases, there are people like me who like to collect the series regardless of reprints, non-superhero stories and etc. I do wish this registry would add more complete sets. Mini-sets, in my opinion, are not a big challenge. It's too easy to complete and once you do, what then, upgrade? A friend of mine and myself would love to see a New Teen Titans/ Tales of the New Titans (1980 series) complete set up on the registry, regardless of the reprints, so we can compete with each other and other collectors to see who has the best complete set. I guess the only way to make everyone happy is to have both mini-sets and complete sets. Maybe someday.

893applaud-thumb.gif The new guy rocks!!!

Complete Conan 1-100 Run is now open!

Why do all these set names contain the word "Complete" when it is just a subset of the whole run of issues?

maybe because there is no spaces between issues 1-100? do ya think?..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That would be redundant. What else would "1-100" represent if not 100 consecutive issues? When I see "Complete something-something" I would expect it to represent every issue of a series that exists, ie, the title concluded with issue #100 and there were none after that. 893frustrated.gif JMDO which doesn't matter anyway since I don't expect to ever have enough CGC issues to bother making any registry entries.

Why do all these set names contain the word "Complete" when it is just a subset of the whole run of issues?

maybe because there is no spaces between issues 1-100? do ya think?..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That would be redundant. What else would "1-100" represent if not 100 consecutive issues? When I see "Complete something-something" I would expect it to represent every issue of a series that exists, ie, the title concluded with issue #100 and there were none after that. 893frustrated.gif JMDO which doesn't matter anyway since I don't expect to ever have enough CGC issues to bother making any registry entries.

Stop the Press! Now everyone think like Warlord. Don't you have anything else to worry about beucase cgc put the word "complete" in front of conan 1-100? If so, find another hobby 893frustrated.gif

Stop the Press! Now everyone think like Warlord. Don't you have anything else to worry about beucase cgc put the word "complete" in front of conan 1-100? If so, find another hobby 893frustrated.gif

What, me worry? Just pointing out that it seemed confusing at best, or redundant at worst. Like I said, it really doesn't matter to since I don't expect to be using the categories. sorry.gif

Ah well, you are right. Let's not detract from the discussions about the lack of alphanumeric grades on new CGC labels or sellers overcharging for shipping. Now those are topics worthy of the 100s and 100s of posts they generate. smile.gif

• Administrator
any news of any new set/runs being added to the registry. I've been looking forward to the big Amazing Spider-Man run. It's been up there for weeks but the scores haven't been put on yet.

Yup, this one is next. It's just really big so it takes a long time to get all the data together.

• Administrator

For anyone who may not have already noticed, Amazing Spder-Man is open.

drice6900,

It looks like we are going to quickly turn out a couple of short Golden Age runs and then Avengers is next.

For anyone who may not have already noticed, Amazing Spder-Man is open.

drice6900,

It looks like we are going to quickly turn out a couple of short Golden Age runs and then Avengers is next.

When can i expect to see journey into mystery 83-125? Kevin