• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,838 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2022 at 11:09 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I kind of got carried away. There is a story behind each of them. I now am thinking the Australian SC8 cover is not Cinf. The Nembo Kid is the "Coldest man on Earth" story. I keep thinking I should sell some of them but can never decide which ones so back in the box they go until next time, and if you think this is bad wait until i put up my SC13s.

011.JPG

Quite a group shot there Terry.  I had two of those myself, but both with restoration.  I am currently selling the undercopy on Heritage this weekend.  A nice 6.0  to slot in between the 5 and the 6.5 .  The 8.0  is my Keeper

On 12/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, jmg3637 said:

Quite a group shot there Terry.  I had two of those myself, but both with restoration.  I am currently selling the undercopy on Heritage this weekend.  A nice 6.0  to slot in between the 5 and the 6.5 .  The 8.0  is my Keeper

an 8.0 very nice. Yeah I had a buy on the 7.5 but delivery was months away and I knew others were chasing it and had a feeling, I may miss it, so when I saw a nice 5.0 Ion ebay, I  grabbed that as a fallback and lo and behold a 6.5 turned up on ebay by Gary Dolgoff, turned up ....so yep grabbed that. The 6.5 and 7.5 were both books new to the market. I keep thinking I will let one go but can't make up my mind which one to keep. 

The prices are very steep for these Showcase issues! Very steep indeed. Terry and I had a conversation a few years ago about my dilemma. I was on the verge of completing the Silver Age run but confided in him that I feared I may never be able to afford any of these these first appearances. Thank you for encouraging me Terry! I did manage to obtain a #13 with large chunks out of the cover. Fortunately Flash was all there :cloud9: and I am thrilled to have it! I am trying to go after an incomplete #14 with a beautiful cover, so I may end up with 2 of the 4 by the end of the year! I had to pass on a #8 a few years ago in Fair condition (water damage). Even in Fair condition at $700 it was out of reach. But I like the idea of maybe, just maybe finding some incomplete copies of these books. I would be thrilled to have them!

As I seem knee deep in these, I keep track of them. I have found on SC8 that the 2.0, 1.8 have grown quite a bit, while same said for SC13 & 14 in anything up to 4.0.Should start pushing the higher grades. Gone are the days of SC13 +14 with a beat up cover but complete for $100.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:53 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

As I seem knee deep in these, I keep track of them. I have found on SC8 that the 2.0, 1.8 have grown quite a bit, while same said for SC13 & 14 in anything up to 4.0.Should start pushing the higher grades. Gone are the days of SC13 +14 with a beat up cover but complete for $100.

You do have an amazing collection of Showcase books Terry! Multiple copies of each as well as contemporary international reprints. The most extensive collection that I know of. Thanks as always of sharing them with us as well as your expert knowledge. Truly admired and valued contributor to this thread!

On 12/10/2022 at 8:36 AM, flashlites said:

The Flash Movie Editor Blames Delayed Release on 1 Thing

What do you Flash fans think about the movie? Will it ever be released? Should it be scrapped? Could it effect comic sales for out beloved character? It was supposed to come out in the Summer of 2020 as I recall :roflmao:? Very sad for us Flash Fans.

A little research shows the movie is now slated to release in June of 2023. :wishluck:

From the radio times

"Fans had feared that a sequel wouldn't come into fruition after the first installment saw multiple director changes, -script rewrites and a string of allegations made against lead star Ezra Miller since the film was first announced in 2014. The sequel will go ahead if The Flash does well upon its release set for 23rd June 2023."

On 12/14/2022 at 8:15 PM, flashlites said:

And now this:

image.png.588169bb15cdff4a4b2ef007d4467ba0.png

So happy to have this copy! It fits right into my 3rd tier collection of Flash Comics! My home is always open to wayward and abused Flash Comics. My boarding house takes them all in with love! My newest edition comes incomplete but I love that deep purple cover! (Thanks Julie of all that research on how purple and gorillas sell comics. Flash took advantage of both, just not at the same time. Although... I bet the thought of a purple gorilla just may have crossed his mind back in the day :roflmao:Purple Grodd? Think about it for a moment:roflmao:)  I now own 2 of the 4 Showcase issues. Terry once told me in a moment of doubt: "One day I'm sure you will get them all". Thanks for giving this Flash fan some hope. Now I am half the way there:cloud9:

Super sharp looking copy! :cloud9:  

On 12/14/2022 at 8:36 PM, southern cross said:

Screenshot_20221214-182305.thumb.png.881d5ef8dbc780fe6035756d0455db70.png

The 105 is a incomplete restored and the 123 has a loose cover but is unrestored.

I like picking up cheap rogue issues but that can be a challenge in itself.

Showcase 14 I had a chance to buy 20 years ago except it was a gd/vg that had color touch, for less money at the same store I bought a raw Avengers 1 that was unrestored and looked like a Fine.

Still looking for those cheaper books except early showcase never appears in that category 

You got a very nice looking Flash collection there! Thanks for sharing!

On 12/14/2022 at 8:15 PM, flashlites said:

And now this:

So happy to have this copy! It fits right into my 3rd tier collection of Flash Comics! My home is always open to wayward and abused Flash Comics. My boarding house takes them all in with love! My newest edition comes incomplete but I love that deep purple cover! (Thanks Julie for all that research on how purple and gorillas sell comics. Flash took advantage of both, just not at the same time. Although... I bet the thought of a purple gorilla just may have crossed his mind back in the day :roflmao:Purple Grodd? Think about it for a moment:roflmao:)  I now own 2 of the 4 Showcase issues. Terry once told me in a moment of doubt: "One day I'm sure you will get them all". Thanks for giving this Flash fan some hope. Now I am half the way there:cloud9:

Congrats my friend! Great to see this comic find a good home and join your collection

On 12/15/2022 at 1:15 PM, flashlites said:

And now this:

So happy to have this copy! It fits right into my 3rd tier collection of Flash Comics! My home is always open to wayward and abused Flash Comics. My boarding house takes them all in with love! My newest edition comes incomplete but I love that deep purple cover! (Thanks Julie for all that research on how purple and gorillas sell comics. Flash took advantage of both, just not at the same time. Although... I bet the thought of a purple gorilla just may have crossed his mind back in the day :roflmao:Purple Grodd? Think about it for a moment:roflmao:)  I now own 2 of the 4 Showcase issues. Terry once told me in a moment of doubt: "One day I'm sure you will get them all". Thanks for giving this Flash fan some hope. Now I am half the way there:cloud9:

Late to the party, (been away again) but that is a very nice looking copy. Congrats ... slowly but surely ..

On 12/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, southern cross said:

Screenshot_20221214-182305.thumb.png.881d5ef8dbc780fe6035756d0455db70.png

The 105 is a incomplete restored and the 123 has a loose cover but is unrestored.

I like picking up cheap rogue issues but that can be a challenge in itself.

Showcase 14 I had a chance to buy 20 years ago except it was a gd/vg that had color touch, for less money at the same store I bought a raw Avengers 1 that was unrestored and looked like a Fine.

Still looking for those cheaper books except early showcase never appears in that category 

Gee there are some very sweet covers in that lot. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.