• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

Hey Tom,

Yes I did, directly from him, no dealer website stuff. Do I "wanna" hear this story...

I am just heading out for the day and should be back this afternoon. You can email me the story smirk.gif

Steve

Oops 1 more for the road, I bought this on ebay as a "VG" ....sometimes you get lucky.

flash175.jpg

Hey Tom,

Yes I did, directly from him, no dealer website stuff. Do I "wanna" hear this story...

I am just heading out for the day and should be back this afternoon. You can email me the story smirk.gif

Steve

Oops 1 more for the road, I bought this on ebay as a "VG" ....sometimes you get lucky.

flash175.jpg

Now that's some tight grading. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Rube: I had been out of collecting for awhile and a friend of mine brought me some books that an antique dealer had found. Nothing good Marvel ASM, Xmen, Superman Adams issues in 9.0 to 9.6 condition for $3 each, this was 1999. Needless to say I bought them and the juices were flowing again.

I had sold off most of my books at Sothebys in the early 90's but had kept some craappy Flash books that I had picked up from a guy in PA. Flash was always my favorite character so I went on ebay to see what I could find. I ended up buying the OA to Flash 124 Space Boomerang Trap 16 Pgs. and was searching for other Flash material.

Wow, Flash 137 newstand fresh. I was waiting to snipe but figured I'd place an early bid. I think guide was about $115 at the time and I bid $90, overbid. $100 overbid. This went on until the end of the auction and finally the book sold for about $135 or thereabouts. Outbid by PCE.

I regrouped and said to myself, "Self you know dealers don't usually pay over guide for comics, maybe there's something I should investigate. As most of us have done, I sent an email to the seller. "Do you have any other books in like condition that you may want to sell?

Gotta run, I'll be back a little later.

Tom

Hey Tom,

Steve

I bet the seller thought reversely on his grading standards, like a VF or NM was a VG and vice versa. I mean we all here know a lot of Ebay sellers have no idea how to grade.

893whatthe.gif No one has posted possibly the best cover ever?!? My crappy copy (of 123)will have to do...

What no showcases either? This crappy copy will have to do until its replaced. Its the best I can do and my only silver flash.

Where's esquire's copy when you need it.

scan0005.jpg

WOW Teddie!!!

893whatthe.gif

Nice books!!! What grades are they? And you selling or trading? poke2.gif

Not for sale but trade ? For the #135 sure insane.gif

9.2, 9.4, 9.0. Are we gonna break out the big guns now ? I see some Showcases are up...

Laughing!!

How about another couple issues here.

flash138a.jpg

flash140.jpg

I know a very nice copy of this book has already been posted, but it is nice to compare books and get some idea of how many high grade copies of different issues are out there. This one has never been CGC graded.

Ken

flash133.jpg

I know a very nice copy of this book has already been posted, but it is nice to compare books and get some idea of how many high grade copies of different issues are out there. This one has never been CGC graded.

Ken

flash133.jpg

one of my fav covers!

takeit.gifyeahok.gif