• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,838 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 6:50 PM, flashlites said:

Very nice group there! Which are your 5 favorite Flash covers? (You need not own it to list it) :cloud9:

Thanks  I have an almost complete run of Barry  from Showcase4  through  105  and most issue up to 350. ( ALso have near complete runs of Walley and Bart) But only have bout 40 scanned to pick from 

flash175.jpg

flash139.jpg

flash127.jpg

flash135.jpg

flash123.jpg

On 1/26/2022 at 10:37 PM, jmg3637 said:

Thanks  I have an almost complete run of Barry  from Showcase4  through  105  and most issue up to 350. ( ALso have near complete runs of Walley and Bart) But only have bout 40 scanned to pick from 

flash175.jpg

flash139.jpg

flash127.jpg

flash135.jpg

flash123.jpg

This is an awesome group of 5! I love them all! (Even the Jay Leno Superman) All great and important issues and worthy of a top 5 list in my book!

On 1/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, Jaylam said:

Just a few days left for the Flash #105 house ad canvas piece. We only have 2 entries so far:

jmg3637 has picked 123,

innocuous has picked 766.

If I've missed anyone's entry, please let us know, thanks!

This house ad canvas is awesome! Just imagine it hanging up next to your Flash collection! History next to history!

On 1/28/2022 at 9:32 PM, flashlites said:

Here's how I have mine displayed! I don't have a comic book room yet. But as you can tell Flash does have his own walk in closet at the Flashlites house. Did I say its my favorite part of the house?:cloud9:

image.thumb.png.b6cf50bbf157e1534cb3d81b9fc2624c.png

That house ad canvas really ties the room together! Don't you think?

image.png.b540cd6b84042806a45985f4ca4789c7.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403436083528?hash=item5deeaa1948:g:MbQAAOSwSCBh80BE

Found another one. As it is an auction will be interesting. A genuine 1.0. This book is rare but as people know it is rare they usually hold out for a price higher than any previous sale. Seldom see them on auction on ebay. Seller with (0) feedback will not help though.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:25 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403436083528?hash=item5deeaa1948:g:MbQAAOSwSCBh80BE

Found another one. As it is an auction will be interesting. A genuine 1.0. This book is rare but as people know it is rare they usually hold out for a price higher than any previous sale. Seldom see them on auction on ebay. Seller with (0) feedback will not help though.

I wouldn't trust it with 0  transactions too many scammers out there :smirk:

Sad day for Flashlites yesterday...I went to my local comic shop and found out the Showcase #8 with water damage that I've been dreaming about for a year and a half was finally sold. It was almost in reach but alas it really was just a little too much for this Flash fan. Collecting on the small budget I have really has it's ups and downs. It's great when you come across something at that rare moment when you have the ability to purchase it! Like the signed copy of 107 I got this summer! That was amazing! But its painful when something like this slips away.

On 1/31/2022 at 6:06 AM, flashlites said:

Sad day for Flashlites yesterday...I went to my local comic shop and found out the Showcase #8 with water damage that I've been dreaming about for a year and a half was finally sold. It was almost in reach but alas it really was just a little too much for this Flash fan. Collecting on the small budget I have really has it's ups and downs. It's great when you come across something at that rare moment when you have the ability to purchase it! Like the signed copy of 107 I got this summer! That was amazing! But its painful when something like this slips away.

That there basically sums up the hobby. Another one will come around, and that memory will slip away.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:11 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

This is on Heritage at the moment. Auction should start later today. As it was a 7.0 I wanted a good look and also put this question to the forum section on grading and resto. Sometimes as we know a great book will have a slightly over zealous dealer who years ago who could not help but use a highlighter so as to ad $5 to the book. (talking 25-40 years ago), But to call a repro cover a Purple 7.0. (should have had a better repro and he could have gone for a 9.0)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-flash-105-dc-1959-cgc-apparent-fn-vf-70-extensive-p-cream-to-off-white-pages/p/122205-73037.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

$504- sale price.