• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2023 at 12:29 AM, flashlites said:

image.png.60022f06d6dfd4d6573e83bd89b949a6.png

At some time I had acquired a lot of Wally's run, and have still kept quite a few. I have kicked this around with a few Flash fans. We all agree that SC4 - 174 is pivotal in the Flash ethos, but what love we have for the rest of the Flash runs sort of depends when we started. No matter who else I have talked to we agree  John's run is also Key, but for Waid's runs some people love, some dislike it and some don't care. It was a major run but all that stuck from it was the Speedforce and Bart Allen. No mater what, the above book is still a minor key.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:30 AM, Primetime said:

067C0486-0924-4707-AB44-DB93CB3694F4.jpeg

1B32DEFA-64E7-426D-AAD8-4D86F3490D5C.jpeg

A3345EFE-F444-48AB-B961-7FFD2F716A12.jpeg

Flash 105 is such a special book that gave meaning to his preceding Showcase books. What’s also cool is when you place it along side Showcase 4, 17, 22 and Challies 1. The cover colors with the reds, black, yellow, green, and blue make for an awesome mosaic!

On 1/14/2023 at 6:35 AM, flashlites said:

For you Flash collectors out there, how many of you are striving towards a complete run? I am curious, am I an outlier? I am now thinking about filling in all the gaps from 1987-present. Is that madness?:insane:

I am going to be satisfied with the first appearances of the Rogue's Gallery, along with all cover appearances of the Trickster by Infantino. I am looking for a 7.0+ Flash #121 and an 8.0+ of Flash #174. I know the Trickster is not on the cover, but Flash #174 is such a great cover. It would be a shame not to include it.

Yeah Rogues first appearances bring premiums, especially with them on the cover. 106 you get a double with Grodd and PP but for quite a few of these the Rogue did not make the cover. 110 is now silly expensive with Wally's 1st appearance, and of course SC 108, SC 13 +14 are all expensive. I think Weather Wizard appeared 3 times but only scored the cover once. Grodd appeared at least 6 times with only two covers !!!! (and Julie .. I thought you loved Gorilla covers .. what went wrong !!!) I think the Trickster was on the cover of all his appearances as was Pied Piper, Heatwave, Boomer and MM. If you like Trickster checkout Nembo Kid on the Italian Ebay site. They LOVED him. Way more covers then any other Rogue. 140, 155 and 174 bring premiums, with multiple Rogues and 129 has the first Rogues team up AND golden age cameos, Black Canary etc.

Been after this for nearly six years. Not a question of money, just a question of finding one. I still don't have the 105 and a whole lot of others which in six years have not turned up or I missed them for some reason (maybe 3 of those). The rest are out there but I can relax a bit now.

001.jpg

002.jpg

On 1/25/2023 at 10:33 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Been after this for nearly six years. Not a question of money, just a question of finding one. I still don't have the 105 and a whole lot of others which in six years have not turned up or I missed them for some reason (maybe 3 of those). The rest are out there but I can relax a bit now.

001.jpg

002.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana: Congratulations Terry!!! I know you've been looking for it for a long time. Is there any special story you want to share about its acquisition? And if you can, please tell us what else made into this very classic issue of Hundred? :cloud9:

On 1/26/2023 at 8:39 AM, evilskip said:

I've been after a decent (and affordable) copy of 121 for a long time. Very happy to have landed one. The 80 Page Giants are just for fun.

6698937.jpg

I have been looking for a CGC 7.0+ of this very issue. But I have determined that finding one is as rare as finding hen's teeth.

On 1/27/2023 at 12:18 AM, flashlites said:

:banana::banana::banana::banana: Congratulations Terry!!! I know you've been looking for it for a long time. Is there any special story you want to share about its acquisition? And if you can, please tell us what else made into this very classic issue of Hundred? :cloud9:

Basically just an ebay search every day for the last 6 years !! and the throw cubic dollars at it.( A$600+) If there are 500-600 copies of the original SC4 then this would be less than 50 maybe even less than 20. Our population was less than one tenth of the US and even in the 70s and 80s and 90s people would have been trashing these when found. This is a 1956 print, so at the time here no one had any idea of the 'Flash' so collectablity demand was as Captain Cold would like it. Absolute Zero. Have not looked past page one. Trying to cold press out the centre crease right now. Will look it over next week. No idea who drew the cover but think a local artist.

On 1/26/2023 at 8:39 AM, evilskip said:

I've been after a decent (and affordable) copy of 121 for a long time. Very happy to have landed one. The 80 Page Giants are just for fun.

6698937.jpg

80p4.jpg

80p9.jpg

Very nice bunch there! Love those 80pg and that 121 is a classic! That's worth at least a couple of dancing bananas, right? :banana::banana:

A little off topic but still SA Flash (well sort of). I normally don't buy production art but this is an exception as there is no original. When I saw this, I knew where my Rogues had come from. Maybe my favourite page in all of comics from Flash 80 page Giant 4#. I know who owns that original and  it is not going anywhere. Much of the detail is lost in the stat production, but I can live with that. Good to see our Rogues front and centre where they belong.

273.jpg

274.jpg

276.jpg

On 1/29/2023 at 10:35 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

A little off topic but still SA Flash (well sort of). I normally don't buy production art but this is an exception as there is no original. When I saw this, I knew where my Rogues had come from. Maybe my favourite page in all of comics from Flash 80 page Giant 4#. I know who owns that original and  it is not going anywhere. Much of the detail is lost in the stat production, but I can live with that. Good to see our Rogues front and centre where they belong.

273.jpg

274.jpg

276.jpg

Very cool! I love this page and I did not know it belonged to a larger group portrait? Where did the full version appear, or did it appear anywhere else?