• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2023 at 12:21 AM, Math Teacher said:

I just got this book from Heritage Auctions. As I have said before, the Trickster is my favorite Flash villain. With this book, I now have all the Trickster covers done by Carmine Infantino in the Silver Age.

My SA Flash collection is almost complete. I need to get my copy of Flash #139 graded, and I am still looking for a high-grade copy of Flash #174. There is a CGC 7.5 of this issue on Ebay for $110, but it has Cream/Off-White pages. In addition, the seller and I had a disagreement. I made offers of $75, $90, and $99 for the book, but they were all rejected. The seller told me that he rejected the last offer because it was made on the final day of the auction. I stated that he should not put up a "Best Offer" notation if he was going to reject any reasonable offer. I am sure that I am going to get lectured in regard to expecting a seller to offer a discount, which I guess is true.

Flash121.thumb.jpg.37e515dccf5f3ddbb32eb4828d64e8b6.jpg

Did you follow Josh Williamson's development of the Trickster (James Jesse) in the last Barry Allen run. I thought it was one of the better story arcs in the run. Probably favourite Trickster story though was in Balent's Catwoman run.

Flash Friends, I need someone to do me a favor.

Currently on Ebay, there is a CGC 7.5 copy of Flash #174 for sale. Prior to leaving on our vacation, I offered the seller $140 for the book, which was promptly rejected. I had mentioned that a CGC 9.2 had sold for $340 in March, 2023, and I questioned if he was really serious about selling the book. Because of this, the seller has blocked me from bidding on this book.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385854283676

So, this is what I am asking. Could someone PLEASE place a bid of $150 for this book for me? I will pay pack the total cost of the purchase of this book, as well as the cost of shipping the book to me. In addition, I will include an additional $10 for your time and trouble.

If any of you could help me, I will be eternally grateful. Thank you for your time and consideration.