• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

I just picked up a nice group of earlier SA Flash for below guide in grade (currently in the mail to me now):

#111 VF

#119 VF/NM

#128 NM-

#135 NM-/NM

#137 VF/NM

#139 VF/NM (hopefully as nice as yours)

#143 NM

These will be the first SA Flash I have ever owned. I have my :wishluck: as the only one I saw a scan of prior to buying is the #137, but I have bought from the seller before and been happy with the results.

Well, the first few books have arrived and I am wondering disappointed with the grade on a couple. I have them posted in the "Spare a Grade Thread" if anyone is willing to view them and give me their input. The #111 and #119 will be on the way back to the seller for a refund unfortunately :( .

Please Grade My Flash #128,135, 139, 143

Cheers,

Ryan

Kimik,

How bad were the 111 and 119? No where close to VF and VF/NM? Definitely keep the other books. Early SA DCs are hard to find in grade.

The #119 is a nice copy but has bends/marks on all 4 edges from the old stacking twine they used to bundle comics. I don't know how easy it is to correct this with pressing so I would rather pass than take a chance on it.

The #111 looks close enough, but there are some very light smudges at the bottom of the back cover and a longer bend along the left side of the FC that take it out of the VF range.

Did you take a look at the scans I posted in the PGM thread? If yes, what would you give the books. They are all tight, flat and glossy but with one fatal flaw that drops them a bit. I paid a decent price for them but am thinking that if they are too far off my funds might be better deployed elsewhere.

Can someone post a copy of 186 I picked one up in a small lot of comics. Saw for the first time and loved it. Looks like it may be tough in HG due to the black cover. Just checked CL and there is no copy there to stare at.

I just picked up a nice group of earlier SA Flash for below guide in grade (currently in the mail to me now):

#111 VF

#119 VF/NM

#128 NM-

#135 NM-/NM

#137 VF/NM

#143 NM

These will be the first SA Flash I have ever owned. I have my :wishluck: as the only one I saw a scan of prior to buying is the #137, but I have bought from the seller before and been happy with the results.

Well, the first few books have arrived and I am wondering disappointed with the grade on a couple. I have them posted in the "Spare a Grade Thread" if anyone is willing to view them and give me their input. The #111 and #119 will be on the way back to the seller for a refund unfortunately :( .

Cheers,

Ryan

Here are the results for the three universal books (the #139 came back as an 8.5 apparent with color touch):

cgcFlash128L.jpg

cgcFlash135Label.jpg

cgcFlash143L.jpg

#111 VF

#119 VF/NM

#128 NM-

#135 NM-/NM

#137 VF/NM

#143 NM

Cheers,

Ryan

Here are the results for the three universal books (the #139 came back as an 8.5 apparent with color touch):

cgcFlash128L.jpg

cgcFlash135Label.jpg

cgcFlash143L.jpg

i was one tick low on each of them- congrats

(worship)

Nice, very nice... Flash is one of my favorites, but boy did he have some stinker covers from time to time - see 132 and 133.

Yeah, definitely not the greatest covers on those two, though I like the colors on 133.

(worship)

Nice, very nice... Flash is one of my favorites, but boy did he have some stinker covers from time to time - see 132 and 133.

Yeah, definitely not the greatest covers on those two, though I like the colors on 133.

Agreed! The colors on all of those issues are incredible!