• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first submission

23 posts in this topic

Well, got my my first submission from CGC back today.

Uncanny X-men #21 -- 8.5

Thor 148 -- 9.0

Looks like I'm selling those suckers. And I'm getting the grading notes. I really thought Thor 148 was in the 9.4/9.6 range. Grrr.....

Well, got my my first submission from CGC back today.

Uncanny X-men #21 -- 8.5

Thor 148 -- 9.0

Looks like I'm selling those suckers. And I'm getting the grading notes. I really thought Thor 148 was in the 9.4/9.6 range. Grrr.....

The first time is usually a shocker (disappointment) for most people I'd think...

Still. Not bad thumbsup2.gif

I submitted what I thought to be a NM+ copy of ASM 181 in my 1st submission. Came back 6.5

That was when I realized I should probably take a look at the back covers of the books I'm submitting.... tonofbricks.gif

There's a back cover ?? 893whatthe.gif

My first three books came back 9.8, 9.8 and a 9.6 respectively. They were ASM 529, New Avengers 23 sketch and ASM 344. The 529 I got for 5 bucks, the Avengers 10 and the ASM 4 bucks and has been signed by Erik Larsen.

Since then I have yet to submit anything...really gotta get on that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My first was BBBAAADDD took awhile to try again. I just opened my returned books Minutes ago and feel Vindicated. Star Wars 107 low print run 9.4 Speed buggy Double cover 9.4 DC special 29 Tied for census top at 9.6 OHHHH YA. More headed to cgc in near future

My first three books-House of Secrets 92- 5.5, Giant Sized X-Men 1- 6.0, Incredible Hulk 181- 5.5 Qualified-Ugh! boo.gif Those first were a real eye opener and I spent way too much on those books for the grades received! It made me hone my grading and get into the details on the books. I then took a good range from 7.5-9.8 (my grades) and sent them in. They were all pretty close to my grades and I have gotten better (though I am just now refining my "fingercrease detection" skills! insane.gif) I have since submitted over 90 books on my own as part of my 300+ CGC'd collection and rarely am I blown out of the water anymore with grades received. Good times! thumbsup2.gif

yay.gifChris

My first CGC graded book was sent in by the buyer. I sold it as a 5.5 and CGC graded it 5.0.

I graded my first three subs:

They came back:

I was happy with that.

My first submission cloud9.gif My grade - CGC grade

Uncanny X-Men 164 9.8 came a 9.6

Uncanny X-men 167 9.8 and came back 9.8

Uncanny X-men 169 9.6 came back 9.8

Uncanny X-Men 165 (2 copies) 9.8 both came back 9.8

Fantastic Four 207 (Newstand) 9.8 came back 9.8

Sabrina 1 9.6 came back 9.6

Space Ghost 1 9.6 came back 9.6

Sonic the Hedgehog 0 9.2 came back 9.4

Amazing Spiderman (v2) 9.6 came back a 9.8

Amazing Spiderman 300 chromium (Marvel collectible classics) My grade was 9.6 and it came back 9.8

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 My grade 9.4 came back 9.6

I guess that's just it. Live and learn. The person I bought the Thor from is a respected dealer. And they were suprised. But, what are ya going to do. Guess I have to improve my grading skills.