• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Have You Skimped On To Buy More Comics?

What have you skimped on so you could buy more comics?  

363 members have voted

1. 1. What have you skimped on so you could buy more comics?

42 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif Great idea for a thread.

I have enough perspective not to skimp on the big stuff (savings, 401K etc), but I definitely find myself skimping on the little stuff (buying cheaper lunches on weekdays, etc). And whenever I make regular purchases (clothes, furniture etc), I catch myself translating the cost into comic dollars and think what comics I could be buying instead. It really is a sickness!

I like to think I've got priorities straight --- I still take care of retirement/college savings, insurance and household expenses (like kids' clothing, etc) before I spend any disposable income on funny books. In fact, I decided (with the wife) that I should have my own "allowance" that I can spend guilt-free on whatever the hell I want. I highly recommend it. She no longer eyes those Priority Mail boxes that arrive all the time, wondering how much I spent this week.

Having said that, I frequently skip lunch (or brown-bag it), haven't bought a DVD or CD in years, and so on --- most of my free cash goes into the hobby, for sure.

I've skimped on eating lately. I take a plastic container to the homeless shelter I go to and put dinner in it. Then I go pawn it off to my homeless buddies for a quarter.

Also, I spend more time surfing the net at the library, which cuts down on my purchases of Boone's Farm and quarts of beer and gives me more money to buy comics.

I've also starting using tree leaves instead of toilet paper.

I've skimped on eating lately. I take a plastic container to the homeless shelter I go to and put dinner in it. Then I go pawn it off to my homeless buddies for a quarter.

Also, I spend more time surfing the net at the library, which cuts down on my purchases of Boone's Farm and quarts of beer and gives me more money to buy comics.

I've also starting using tree leaves instead of toilet paper.

corn cobs soaked in water are really excellent during winter when the leaves aren't all that plentiful, i hear

nothing (ok, except maybe my dream car)...only spend "disposable" income on my hobby...life is too short to skimp on anything, you gotta live !

rick

ps-Gators are national champs, once again!