• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

So now everybody has a 9.x copy of #89 except me, is that correct?

On 8/22/2022 at 6:34 PM, Axe Elf said:

Well I finally get to show off another Vampirella--sort of--the Special.

That's the problem with getting them all at once--I don't get to drop one or two a week in here like the rest of you.  :)

It took me a while to find one that fit within my "under $50 per book" guideline, but she was worth the wait.

1905656844_SpecialEdition-VAMPIRELLASpecialF.thumb.jpg.054bc7d6e5c13e2405061f6bb9c9f373.jpg

That’s a sharp copy for under $50! (thumbsu

Happy to add a stack to the Vampi pile but seriously bummed that the PO managed to drop this double boxed package so hard on one corner that it dinged the corners of several books. I can't really blame the seller, he double boxed them. Just po'd because they were great deals at the grade they used to be in :cry:

The number one problem I’ve had buying mags through the mail over the years!  I think the post office hates me :boo:

On 8/22/2022 at 7:22 PM, OtherEric said:

I was going to say my copy's not that great, but then I looked and realized my copy of that issue is actually pretty nice...

Vampirella_089.jpg

Oh jeez.  When my copy is worse than @OtherEric's, it's time to upgrade.

679879838_VAMPIRELLA89F.thumb.jpg.ecfcf40630be7e46fd36fe6f1e89eed9.jpg

On 8/22/2022 at 3:34 PM, Axe Elf said:

Well I finally get to show off another Vampirella--sort of--the Special.

That's the problem with getting them all at once--I don't get to drop one or two a week in here like the rest of you.  :)

It took me a while to find one that fit within my "under $50 per book" guideline, but she was worth the wait.

1905656844_SpecialEdition-VAMPIRELLASpecialF.thumb.jpg.054bc7d6e5c13e2405061f6bb9c9f373.jpg

C'mon!  You're holding back the piece that the back cover is completely missing :baiting:

On 8/22/2022 at 8:14 PM, Stevemmg said:

Happy to add a stack to the Vampi pile but seriously bummed that the PO managed to drop this double boxed package so hard on one corner that it dinged the corners of several books. I can't really blame the seller, he double boxed them. Just po'd because they were great deals at the grade they used to be in :cry:

The number one problem I’ve had buying mags through the mail over the years!  I think the post office hates me :boo:

I had a long streak of good luck but the past year has been pretty bad - sometimes on the PO's part, sometime on the seller. Mag's have been mostly the PO, since mag owners seem to mostly be comic/collectibles people who know condition matters. Paperback sellers are all over the map - even people who advertised that they were picky collectors have sent stuff loose in manila envelopes, loose and bouncing around in boxes, taped between boards in a bag, but not having the paperback in a bag itself so the tape got on the book etc etc. - those vintage paperback collectors must just be stoopid :insane:

On 8/22/2022 at 7:40 PM, This is Who We Are said:

C'mon!  You're holding back the piece that the back cover is completely missing :baiting:

The back cover is definitely not as nice as the front--but it's all in one piece!

1197989545_SpecialEdition-VAMPIRELLASpecialB.thumb.jpg.7508689950b105837e5517db17843e05.jpg

On 8/22/2022 at 7:51 PM, Stevemmg said:

I wasn’t going to pull this out, but I have been compelled. 

Nice.  Too bad it's sealed in plastic, but it looks like a great copy in there.