• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

112 was the last Warren issue published in 1983. Harris boughts the rights when Warren went bankrupt and published an issue 113 in 1988. It is all reprinted material. However, the 113 is scarce and commands good $$. later I'll try to scan and post some of my Vampi's that you haven't shown. I have a nice #3.
1712616-vampirella113cgc90.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

1712616-vampirella113cgc90.jpg.3c12947d1c961f9f1a53f2d948769903.jpg

112 was the last Warren issue published in 1983. Harris boughts the rights when Warren went bankrupt and published an issue 113 in 1988. It is all reprinted material. However, the 113 is scarce and commands good $$. later I'll try to scan and post some of my Vampi's that you haven't shown. I have a nice #3.
1712616-vampirella113cgc90.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Very nice, I still need that one. hail.gif

Asking to pick favorite Vampirella covers is like asking Homer to pick his favorite type of donut. I'd have to say that Issue 35 is the most intense out these latest ten. That cover is more sexually appealing than any nudity shot you'd ever see.

Ed

This is one of my favorite Vampi covers:

vampi42zq0.jpg

If you like that cover you should check out the original art if you haven't already here: Link thumbsup2.gif

I had read that Gene collects original Vampi art, a great piece. It is somewhat similar to #27 I believe, another piece where she is looking over her shoulder and seems to be running away. I don't know why I like those so much.

Asking to pick favorite Vampirella covers is like asking Homer to pick his favorite type of donut. I'd have to say that Issue 35 is the most intense out these latest ten. That cover is more sexually appealing than any nudity shot you'd ever see.

Ed

Mmm, Vampi and donuts... tongue.gif

I like those surprised look covers, something about the eyes I think, I've always liked the #40 too.

I had read that Gene collects original Vampi art, a great piece.

thumbsup2.gif

You can see a lot more of my collection here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=2354

As for my favorite Vampi covers, there are so many great ones that it's hard to pick just one! #12 (Sanjulian), #19 (Gonzalez), #21 (Enrich), #28 (Enrich), #29 (Enrich), #30 (Enrich), #31 (Frazetta), #42 (Enrich), #57 (Enrich) and #89 (Enrich) would probably be my top ten, though.

Gene