• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, Stevemmg said:

Thanks you sir, may I have another. 

C001F617-7EFC-4208-9428-7CCE596F17D9.thumb.jpeg.d96ee9a14de45d88e5f45c63b6d5f6fc.jpeg

I couldn’t help myself. I had to get yet another one of these. 

I want one of these in grade :x GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, PKJ said:

Speaking of issue 1, what is the going rate for a 8.0 now? Have bid on a couple but apparently was not as prepared as others and gpa does not seem to matter. 

I got 1800 for my 7.5, but only sold because of the unexpected death of my Van. I felt it was priced to sell quick, which it did. GOD BLESS...

On 9/18/2021 at 11:04 PM, wombat said:

I did not realize that. I guess I'm not done. :pullhair:

I have a copy for sale in very nice condition ... You can PM if interested. GOD BLLESS...

On 9/18/2021 at 8:17 PM, jimjum12 said:

I have a copy for sale in very nice condition ... You can PM if interested. GOD BLLESS...

Jimbo making dreams come true.

Oak- A friend of Jimbo

On 9/18/2021 at 6:46 AM, PKJ said:

Speaking of issue 1, what is the going rate for a 8.0 now? Have bid on a couple but apparently was not as prepared as others and gpa does not seem to matter. 

I would bet a graded copy (depending on PQ will run you 2k to 2500). A raw that will grade out that high should still be out there from a boardie for 1,800ish. You should post in the WTB thread if those numbers suit you. Should be a seller there.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:57 PM, wombat said:

Finally completed the set. 

IMG_3931.JPG

Just curious...did you buy the whole set at once, or pick them up one at a time? I saw a complete set like this last year ay my LCS and wondered. (He may have put them online) I was very tempted, but passed.

On 9/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, flashlites said:

Just curious...did you buy the whole set at once, or pick them up one at a time? I saw a complete set like this last year ay my LCS and wondered. (He may have put them online) I was very tempted, but passed.

One at a time. I was patient and was looking for good prices. 

On 9/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, wombat said:

Finally completed the set. 

IMG_3931.JPG

I could be wrong, but is the UK cover of #1 new art, while all the US covers are repurposed from elsewhere?

Also, the paperback thread in gold wouldn't mind seeing these as well if you feel like crossposting.

On 9/19/2021 at 10:37 PM, OtherEric said:

I could be wrong, but is the UK cover of #1 new art, while all the US covers are repurposed from elsewhere?

Also, the paperback thread in gold wouldn't mind seeing these as well if you feel like crossposting.

Also to expand on your thought. Isn't the U.K. version much harder to find in grade?

On 9/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Got a decent #4 in. I only need a few of the 1st 40 now, which is what I was shooting for.:)

I've found #4 to be particularly hard to find any at all that weren't loaded with spine tics, far fewer than the other black spine issues, at any price point.

Wondering if this was a general consensus or just the coincidence of the last 6 months when i've been looking?

I think this is more likely.  I've owned many copies of all the black covers and this one didn't stand out to me as particularly different.  Perhaps one of the others can chime in with their experience but that's my 2c

On 9/22/2021 at 1:14 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Got a decent #4 in. I only need a few of the 1st 40 now, which is what I was shooting for.:)

I've found #4 to be particularly hard to find any at all that weren't loaded with spine tics, far fewer than the other black spine issues, at any price point.

Wondering if this was a general consensus or just the coincidence of the last 6 months when i've been looking?

20210922_154307.thumb.jpg.980f5906ec3c3a0018abb0e944771af5.jpg

No, you are right. It's a tough book to get in grade.