• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 8:12 PM, Randall Dowling said:

That's a very pretty example for one of the greatest covers ever to grace magazines or comics.  Love it.  (thumbsu

Agreed. Frazetta has always been on another level. Frazetta, when he nails a painting? (usually does) Yet a higher level indeed.

We've all seen the cover for #1 lots of times, but how often do we get the other Warren era Vampirella images by Frazetta around here?

Including the cover of #1 at the end just to cover the whole set.  Supposedly there are a couple of head sketches by Frazetta Warren used as well, but not sure exactly where they appeared.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6909_Vampirella_001.jpg

On 12/3/2021 at 6:36 PM, OtherEric said:

A few more from ECCC today.  Can anybody confirm for me the Creepy Fearbook 1993 is the first new Vampirella story post-Warren?  113 has no new Vampi material.

Creepy_Fearbook_1993.jpg

I think it is. Love Brereton‘s work on the Nocturnals and this cover rocks too! I’ll have to find one now…

On 12/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, Escaflown41 said:

Just got back from a small local show today and was shocked that one of the vendors had this book which I had been looking for quite some time.  I think this is the rarest and most hard to find Warren Vampirella book since I rarely ever see this get posted for sale anywhere else.  Even though it's a mid grade copy and quite pricey, I had to pull the trigger on it since I don't know when I would ever get the chance to find another copy.  I'm finally glad to add this Vampirella Special Hardcover Edition to my Vampi collection.  :cloud9:

If anyone else have a copy, please post yours as I like to see them as well.  :bigsmile:

20211205_182419.jpg

20211205_182530.jpg

You were lucky to get that.... I'm envious. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Just got back from a small local show today and was shocked that one of the vendors had this book which I had been looking for quite some time.  I think this is the rarest and most hard to find Warren Vampirella book since I rarely ever see this get posted for sale anywhere else.  Even though it's a mid grade copy and quite pricey, I had to pull the trigger on it since I don't know when I would ever get the chance to find another copy.  I'm finally glad to add this Vampirella Special Hardcover Edition to my Vampi collection.  :cloud9:

If anyone else have a copy, please post yours as I like to see them as well.  :bigsmile:

20211205_182419.jpg

20211205_182530.jpg

Very cool! I’m guessing your copy is in English on the inside? I only ask because one was offered up on eBay a while back (the only one I’ve ever seen) but it was a Spanish edition.

Nice score either way! :headbang:

20211205_182419.jpg

20211205_182530.jpg

Is the book a collection of just the magazine covers or is there non-published art, too?

On 12/5/2021 at 9:41 PM, Artifiction said:

Is the book a collection of just the magazine covers or is there non-published art, too?

Reprints of stories. And I may be wrong but I seem to remember in the ad copy that the hard copies were supposedly signed by Gonzalaz.

Edited by Jayman

On 12/5/2021 at 9:52 PM, Artifiction said:

Oh, that's cool. Thanks for the answer.

I have to ask: is that a pic of you in that Eerie shirt in your avatar?

I remember the adds for those and always wanted one! (thumbsu

On 12/5/2021 at 9:58 PM, Jayman said:

I have to ask: is that a pic of you in that Eerie shirt in your avatar?

I remember the adds for those and always wanted one! (thumbsu

It is! I was twelve or thirteen years old. My mother got it for me. I probably begged her for it, but can't remember for sure. I still love showing that sweatshirt off. Hah!

Oh, I think the date on the picture says 1978. A little hard to read, though.

Edited by Artifiction

On 12/5/2021 at 9:39 PM, wombat said:

I just picked up the soft cover edition. I have never actually seen a hardcover one. 

I also never knew the hardcover existed until someone on these boards found one on eBay years ago which also had the original mailer.  Since then, I was on a mission to find one.