• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herald2Galactus: Update 2

298 posts in this topic

I got word that Mark may be a minor:

An email was sent to Mark today, thus far no response. The next step is to send a letter to his parents and make a phone call them if need be with the ramifications with any legal action that may be taken.

Additionally, an email was circulated to Northern New Jersey Comic Stores regarding the individual, with his phone number blocked here as sent:

Dear Comic Store Owners:

Recently, a local comic book collector has engaged in multiple instances of fraud and theft on the CGC Message boards, by accepting books and never remitting payment, or taking money and not delivering the product.

I write to each of you because this is someone who may shop and/or have a reserve box with some of you. He may also try and pass off some of these books he has received fraudulently at your store. We are seeking to take criminal action against him in the very near future should less severe alternatives prove to be ineffective.

If you know or see this individual, please be careful when dealing with him, if at all. His name, address and phone number is provided. In addition, the links will carry you to two threads in which there is a picture of the individual posted as well. Please take note of him.

1) http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0&fpart=1

2) http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0&fpart=1

Mark Kendall

19 Rose Pl

Little Falls, NJ 07424

Mother: Joanne Kendall

Father: Mark Kendall, Sr.

973-000-0000 (h)

201-000-0000 © his personal I believe.

In addition to being a concerned comic collector and Overstreet Advisor, I am also a former prosecutor interested in seeing this individual repay what he owes. To the extent that you can help fellow collectors (and some may be customers) from being defrauded further, I ask that if you do see this individual, you also urge him to make good on his obligations and to contact me (my information is listed below).

I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide and wish you each happy holidays.

Very Truly Yours,

Brian Ketterer

Brent Coon & Associates

Two Penn Center

1500 JFK Blvd., Suite 1301

Philadelphia PA 19102

Main 215.564.9245

Fax 215.564.9249

Toll Free 888-564-9245

hail.gifhail.gif

I got word that Mark may be a minor:

An email was sent to Mark today, thus far no response. The next step is to send a letter to his parents and make a phone call them if need be with the ramifications with any legal action that may be taken.

Additionally, an email was circulated to Northern New Jersey Comic Stores regarding the individual, with his phone number blocked here as sent:

Dear Comic Store Owners:

Recently, a local comic book collector has engaged in multiple instances of fraud and theft on the CGC Message boards, by accepting books and never remitting payment, or taking money and not delivering the product.

I write to each of you because this is someone who may shop and/or have a reserve box with some of you. He may also try and pass off some of these books he has received fraudulently at your store. We are seeking to take criminal action against him in the very near future should less severe alternatives prove to be ineffective.

If you know or see this individual, please be careful when dealing with him, if at all. His name, address and phone number is provided. In addition, the links will carry you to two threads in which there is a picture of the individual posted as well. Please take note of him.

1) http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0&fpart=1

2) http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0&fpart=1

Mark Kendall

19 Rose Pl

Little Falls, NJ 07424

Mother: Joanne Kendall

Father: Mark Kendall, Sr.

973-000-0000 (h)

201-000-0000 © his personal I believe.

In addition to being a concerned comic collector and Overstreet Advisor, I am also a former prosecutor interested in seeing this individual repay what he owes. To the extent that you can help fellow collectors (and some may be customers) from being defrauded further, I ask that if you do see this individual, you also urge him to make good on his obligations and to contact me (my information is listed below).

I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide and wish you each happy holidays.

Very Truly Yours,

Brian Ketterer

Brent Coon & Associates

Two Penn Center

1500 JFK Blvd., Suite 1301

Philadelphia PA 19102

Main 215.564.9245

Fax 215.564.9249

Toll Free 888-564-9245

Gee, I hope you like the Christmas present I sent Mr. Former Prosecutor. flowerred.gif

I shoulda stuffed another Thor or two in there... foreheadslap.gif

As a follow up, phone calls are being made to a few store owners who I know personally where I know he shops.

My next steps I'm going to keep on the DL until I complete them. I'm irritated that he's basically ripping off some people who 1) don't live in the U.S. (and some who do) and then 2) those who are younger.

I feel like it's deliberate. If he's young, then we're going to have a lesson in responsibility. I would not like the judicial system to be option #1, I'd like it to be an option of last resort -- but I encountered defendants every day who thought the best solution was to run and hide and that is probably the worst solution.

The email address (maskofdoom) is apparently struggling to receive emails right now. Either way, further steps are going to be taken.

Wait....don't you need internet access even to use AOL AIM?

You would be shocked at recent advancement in tin-foil hat technology.

I know I was . . .

Wassen't the Tin Foil Hat ment to block the Alien mind readers from reading your brain? Or is it all the movies I have seen to make me belive this. insane.gif

As a follow up, phone calls are being made to a few store owners who I know personally where I know he shops.

My next steps I'm going to keep on the DL until I complete them. I'm irritated that he's basically ripping off some people who 1) don't live in the U.S. (and some who do) and then 2) those who are younger.

I feel like it's deliberate. If he's young, then we're going to have a lesson in responsibility. I would not like the judicial system to be option #1, I'd like it to be an option of last resort -- but I encountered defendants every day who thought the best solution was to run and hide and that is probably the worst solution.

The email address (maskofdoom) is apparently struggling to receive emails right now. Either way, further steps are going to be taken.

Just wanted to say i really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule (especially at this time of the year) to do this. It's great that there are always people we can rely on. I would be more than happy to pay to get H2G prosecuted if money is needed and if anyone else could chip in that would be fantastic.

It's true though, the four people where money/books exchanged hands were myself, Beyonder, kidcolt and Silvers. 3 of us live outside the States and he took advantage of Jacob because he thought he could get away with it.

Wait....don't you need internet access even to use AOL AIM?

You would be shocked at recent advancement in tin-foil hat technology.

I know I was . . .

Wassen't the Tin Foil Hat ment to block the Alien mind readers from reading your brain?

It works for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Just wanted to say i really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule (especially at this time of the year) to do this. It's great that there are always people we can rely on. I would be more than happy to pay to get H2G prosecuted if money is needed and if anyone else could chip in that would be fantastic.

It's true though, the four people where money/books exchanged hands were myself, Beyonder, kidcolt and Silvers. 3 of us live outside the States and he took advantage of Jacob because he thought he could get away with it.

No problem. Prosecution is done through the county/state level where herald resides, and this time spent here is completely pro bono believe me, so no financial contributions from anyone needed (though I do appreciate the offers). This has become a hot button issue because of exactly WHO he targetted and the fact he believes he can get away with it.

This is a statement to me more about how the boards conducts itself in transactions. It's a wakeup call to myself as well, because I feel I haven't always been perfect and as courteous and diligent at times with how I've treated others in transactions (though nothing quite of this magnitude) but regardless, I've not shipped timely enough etc. If people can't count on the grading, etiquette, and personal relationships to be better than on ebay, or if there can't be greater trust, where do we stand?

The line is going to get drawn somewhere, and I suggest it is here. Is this kid the worst ever? No. Herald2G is not the worst, or most malicious guy, I've dealt with. Or even the worst criminal on the boards. But if people symbolically see that we allow people to get ripped off and nobody takes the steps necessary to police ourselves in order to provide some safety to this community, then we are going to have continuing chaos.

Taking a small amount of my day, either before or after depositions, or later in the evening, to track down this guy and do what I can to help right a wrong is a small, small contribution to the greater good.

And I will say this, yesterday's email to the comic store owners has already gotten multiple responses. Many of them are my personal friends. Did he really think I wouldn't find him? I already have. Now comes phase two. I do know he's out there spending money at these shops as well. And that I find insulting as well.

Oh the power to be a lawyer hail.gif

Now if this guy lived in Mass he would get a friendly visit from a couple of chums devil.gif Lets just say he would be walking with a limp and would be known as lefty for a long time to come sumo.gif

KUDOS Brian. thumbsup2.gif

I've been trying to give H2G the benefit of the doubt, but since he's yet to contact me about the money he owes me....I have to assume he's not going to make good on his own.

A precedent needs to be set, and I guess this case is as good as any.