• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herald2Galactus: Update 2

298 posts in this topic

Thanks for the inputs all on problem sellers. I think the member policing going on is great. Please remember that the post count does not make the man. I won't post here often, but would like to be considered as a viable buyer to the books posted.

I dont think anyone should be eliminated based on post counts alone.

I like all the ideas, but I have to let you know...a stickied post like the ones mentioned can leave a bitter taste for a long time. If there were a way to have an advisory board hear the facts of the situation before a post can be added, to hear both sides of a story (in the case of thelesserfool, H2G, their side would probably never be heard, by their choice, and the overwhelming stories would show there was a problem)

I would just hate to see it become, "I wasn't paid within 48 hours" or "I have a problem with this person, so I am going to crack on them in this thread", and we all know how graemlin wars go.

Just random thoughts, but I agree some sort of buyer/seller protection is needed. I have to think one of the first ideas would be stop sellers with less than a certain # of posts. No flash in the pan sales.

That idea was discussed, but my fear is that there are too many advisory boards and too much discretion to a final outcome. I would say that multiple comments about multiple people goes in the problem category. Having Herald in the "hall of shame" seems appropriate, minor disputes no. I don't know the best way to resolve that.

That idea was discussed, but my fear is that there are too many advisory boards and too much discretion to a final outcome. I would say that multiple comments about multiple people goes in the problem category. Having Herald in the "hall of shame" seems appropriate, minor disputes no. I don't know the best way to resolve that.

How about continue to have threads like this one where things can be aired out if need be in the marketplace forum, but then once it's been determined definitively that the someone has scammed a forum member, the thread gets moved into a Hall of Shame?

I like all the ideas, but I have to let you know...a stickied post like the ones mentioned can leave a bitter taste for a long time. If there were a way to have an advisory board hear the facts of the situation before a post can be added, to hear both sides of a story (in the case of thelesserfool, H2G, their side would probably never be heard, by their choice, and the overwhelming stories would show there was a problem)

I would just hate to see it become, "I wasn't paid within 48 hours" or "I have a problem with this person, so I am going to crack on them in this thread", and we all know how graemlin wars go.

Just random thoughts, but I agree some sort of buyer/seller protection is needed. I have to think one of the first ideas would be stop sellers with less than a certain # of posts. No flash in the pan sales.

Put negative kudos in the kudos thread.

Then some poor soul needs to go count up all the positive and negative remarks and give everyone a score like eBay.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for the inputs all on problem sellers. I think the member policing going on is great. Please remember that the post count does not make the man. I won't post here often, but would like to be considered as a viable buyer to the books posted.

I dont think anyone should be eliminated based on post counts alone.

I would never eliminate someone from buying, the point I was trying to make (and I think I stated) was that sellers should not be allowed without a certain amount of posts. They need to build a relationship with other posters before moving into that realm. See how things work, how people sell, how payments are handled, how to ship etc before diving in.

As Foolkiller stated, it has been brought up before. Just bringing it up again! And welcome to the boards! headbang.gif

A little further update on our "friend".

He's in his early 20s. Bounces around from place to place. No set or stable home. Obviously, his family doesn't have control over him, so we'll have to see about tracking him down.

Mistakenly believes there's "nothing that can be done" to him.

Hunt continues on.

He's in his early 20s. Bounces around from place to place. No set or stable home. Obviously, his family doesn't have control over him, so we'll have to see about tracking him down.

Hunt continues on.

Damn, you're good.

You think you can contact one of his myspace buddies

see if you can get info outta them? Of course, they would

probably go straight to Mark about being questioned.

Hunt continues on.

Damn, you're good.

You think you can contact one of his myspace buddies

see if you can get info outta them? Of course, they would

probably go straight to Mark about being questioned.

They probably would, but it really doesn't matter since he knows he's being tracked. Let's see how things develop over the next few days. I took some additional steps today.

I haven't released everything I've learned or all who I've talked to. I want to wait for a more concrete result.

Hunt continues on.

It is always comforting to know that some nut job wanderer, has other peoples names and addresses. What's next, we find out he was a cousin of Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold too! tonofbricks.gif

Wait....don't you need internet access even to use AOL AIM?

i was thinking the same thing. dont you need internet to use AIM or check email confused-smiley-013.gif

Cell phones

He seems to have no problem accessing his myspace page everyday

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=9714732

Mark has some person issues....at least he acknowledges he's a geek.

I especially like this snippet from his MySpace page:

i work for myself, and do very little of it,when i run outta spare cash i work more,

Translation: "I'm an out of work loser who steals comics and renegs on deals and when I run out of cash, I steal a few more comics."

What a jag-off.

dog faced dude's Details

Here for: Friends

Orientation: Straight

Hometown: graves end brooklyn

Body type: 6' 3" / Slim / Slender

Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Religion: Atheist

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Smoke / Drink: No / No

Children: I don't want kids

Education: High school