• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,572 posts in this topic

Finally got the okay to post this recent purchase from sacentaur...

amf2-10.jpg

I have been eyeballing this book since the first time Steve allowed me to gaze upon it. :luhv:

Thanks Steve! (thumbs u I will give it a good home.

It's Amazing "...how spectacular the book is!" :o

It's Mystery "...is a 70-year-old comic in near-perfect condition!" (worship)

It's Funny "...how freakin' scarce copies of this book are!" (thumbs u

Well done, Richard!

GE

amf2-10.jpg

Congrats on acquiring such a fantastic comic. :applause:

Let's list some of its plussses: (thumbs u

It's got a great cover by one of my favorite pulp artists :cloud9:

Stories by Paul Gustavson and Tarpe Mills. :popcorn:

World's Fair story (cover seems to depict building from San Francisco Exposition) :gossip:

g46a.jpg

NEGATIVES:

I need that issue :frustrated:

OUTSTANDING Richard!! Well done! A very nice issue, with a great line up. The fact its a Church is GRAVY!

That is a real pretty funny book ... I am SO curious as to what it took to pry that out of Steve's hands!!! We may never know .... hm

Finally got the okay to post this recent purchase from sacentaur...

amf2-10.jpg

I have been eyeballing this book since the first time Steve allowed me to gaze upon it. :luhv:

Thanks Steve! (thumbs u I will give it a good home.

Richard that be a book and a half---one truly classic image from the wonderful world of Centaurs..jon

That is officially the biggest response to a post that I have ever gotten (other than that NOD thing)! Thanks! And really, thank you Steve!

That is officially the biggest response to a post that I have ever gotten

Maybe it means that comics with Leo Morey covers are going to be the hot new collecting craze in 2008. hm

Too bad I can't think of any other comics with Morey covers. :P

No AMF 2-10 in my mail bag today but more of a ...

Tale of 2 Orders ... or my rare rantrant

over the Thanksgiving holiday, I checked dealers' inventories for books for my 1952 collection trying to spend some $$ to get closer to completion. I found a couple of books on Metro's site and Doug Sulipa's site.

I emailed Doug Wednesday night before Thanksgiving with my inquiries. Got a reply the next morning (being in Canada, Thanksgiving is not an issue for him) with 1) detailed descriptions along with a grade and 2) pricing. The next day I even got an update as he found a second copy of a book I wanted in inventory priced for less.

Since I had one book that both Doug and Metro had, I didn't want to order before knowing all info.

I had emailed Metro the same night. Due to the holiday break, I didn't get an email until Monday morning. I received information on 2 of the 6 books I asked about. I was told to wait for the others to be priced. 4 days later no news. I emailed mentioning I will be leaving the country soon. I was told that pricing can take up to 2 weeks! Emailed again a week later since no updates were received! Finally got the pricing but not all questions answered. Tired, I went ahead and ordered the books. Thankfully I can add, since I was charged $5 extra. :mad:

That same day I emailed Doug apologizing for making him wait and placed my order.

Today I received my order from Doug all the way from Canada having been charged less for shipping. No word from Metro's package and I'm even not sure it was shipped since charged. I guess I'll have to contact them about that. I'm leaving town for about 3 weeks on Monday and might not have received my books inquired about at Thanksgiving ... Overpaying for comics: Priceless Still waiting for them: :pullhair:

Got a cool St John Baker Romance from Doug. Those collecting these know how competitive that market is so I was thrilled to get a nicely priced beater and an annoyingly eluding Atlas Teen book: Georgie Comics. I'll be happy to show my 6 books from Metro once they get here ...

Oh and those Baker splashes :cloud9:

49279-PictorialRomances12s.jpg.41e678564384a6b763c8f04f8a2ec21c.jpg

49280-PictorialRomances12Story1s.jpg.d68636ae6c44bbe1629c0caf2fa53e74.jpg

49281-PictorialRomances12Story2s.jpg.f967ba19167d378bea5df5b577d37ef4.jpg

49282-PictorialRomances12Story4s.jpg.4d8a490fe16479430694a7665c740c8f.jpg

49283-GeorgieComics35s.jpg.feaa9fb63b06040ac6fd598d760bf14d.jpg

And this is one of may favorite GA DC covers, and the reason is, It's a secret short bus book! What on EARTH is happening with the eyes of that bug? It makes absolutely NO sense! They look like rose hips sticking out. Regardless, it's a knockout image. I just wish they explained thosse eyes on the inside!

2106114599_c63571f699_o.jpg

Great Romance book! Sorry about the Metro troubles.. :(

Thanks. I dig those St John's romances. I can't wait to show some books from Metro. I know I'm a small fish for them and I'll get the books eventually ... it's just that this is a hobby and supposed to be fun, not irritating. If I want people dropping the ball, I can stay longer hours at work :sorry:

It seems that the Robotmen comic isn't very hard to find, just high in the Guide right? What's the inside like? Typical Avon job?

Can't wait to see the others :popcorn: