• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2022 at 1:08 PM, path4play said:

Daisy Air Rifle Company File Copies

I seem to recall the Daisy copies had a hand-written "daisy" on them, not "checking copy".  hm

On 12/11/2022 at 5:01 PM, D84 said:

It's only the front cover on mine, but it says "Daisy."

1676693929_DetectiveComics33.thumb.jpg.dfd81c40004bbae44a2f3472c6acf0e0.jpg

So sweet!  I was told by the seller this cover (yours) was the highlight of the find - never expected to be so lucky as to see it!  I've grabbed as many as I could - there are only 240 or so in total.  This is the only one I've seen with writing "Daisy", mine are either stamped or nothing (some do have writing or date notations inside).

Edited by path4play

On 12/11/2022 at 4:58 PM, Yorick said:

I seem to recall the Daisy copies had a hand-written "daisy" on them, not "checking copy".  hm

No mystery here. The seller is a boardie.  Here is a list of the entire Daisy stash he found and sold.  https://www.goodgirlcomics.com/13398-2/  9_9

Looks like at least one had Daisy written on it.  None of those I saw at auction did.

Edited by path4play

On 12/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, Black Bat said:

Got another one of these to replace the one in the group shot which came back from CGC as restored/CT.  One of my favorites from Cole's Jungle run.The copy I had before that also ended up purple for glue.  I looked this one over with the blue light magnifier, looks good but I'm still  afraid to send it in!  Ha ha. 

IMG_3600 2.jpeg

IMG_6759.jpeg

Yum Yum