• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,572 posts in this topic

beautiful girl in bondage,

little green men,

hooded baddies.

v.

bank vice-president in bondage [nice tie!],

dental hygientist-looking apparatus [i dont's see the little thing you spit in],

baddie wearing tom kite's glasses.

i'm going with the timely.

lol:applause: (thumbs u

You've earned a toast for that art critique (and a glimpse at one of my SDCC acquisitions)...

c28109b1.jpg

wonderful book cat! which issue is it? i heard they all look alike.

There is some variation in the MM covers Billy. Sometimes Torch flies in from the right to rescue a bound woman, sometimes he flies in from the left to rescue a bound boy. Sometimes you get the bonus of BOTH a bound boy and a bound girl to be rescued :)

And occasionally he is in the middle of the cover.

18278832.png

look, i'm just a hired gun; i'll litigate most anything a paying client hires me to take a go at. but that doesn't mean i'd relish trying to convince a jury full of funny-book fans that the books pons has posted are poor exemplars of g.a. covers. i'm good, but i'd lose my . in fact, his post would lead a reasonable judge to prod me toward a stipulation as to their largely classic status. one of the best of all gerber pages, and that's the one he was stuck with in anti-timely post!!!!!!!

and poor todd had to jump on his bandwagon, in the hopes that he continues to get good deals down the line! lol.

look, i'm just a hired gun; i'll litigate most anything a paying client hires me to take a go at. but that doesn't mean i'd relish trying to convince a jury full of funny-book fans that the books pons has posted are poor exemplars of g.a. covers. i'm good, but i'd lose my . in fact, his post would lead a reasonable judge to prod me toward a stipulation as to their largely classic status. one of the best of all gerber pages, and that's the one he was stuck with in anti-timely post!!!!!!!

and poor todd had to jump on his bandwagon, in the hopes that he continues to get good deals down the line! lol.

hm I may not have the legal chops, but if you need a doubles partner in this Timely tennis match with Pons and Red Fury, I'm prepared to go to court. :grin:

little green men,

hooded baddies.

v.

dental hygientist-looking apparatus [i dont's see the little thing you spit in],

You've earned a toast for that art critique (and a glimpse at one of my SDCC acquisitions)...

c28109b1.jpg

There is some variation in the MM covers Billy. Sometimes Torch flies in from the right to rescue a bound woman, sometimes he flies in from the left to rescue a bound boy. Sometimes you get the bonus of BOTH a bound boy and a bound girl to be rescued :)

18278832.png

Didn't say they were bad covers Billy. Just very similar. Very similar in composition, details and color. Even a jury full of Timely geeks would have to agree with the argument. If they were being honest

little green men,

hooded baddies.

v.

c28109b1.jpg

18278832.png

Didn't say they were bad covers Billy. Just very similar. Very similar in composition, details and color. Even a jury full of Timely geeks would have to agree with the argument. If they were being honest

They are all very similarly great. In fact ciorac is correct in pointing out that Marvel Mystery had the best covers month in and month out.

A banner day in the Ciorac household :)

Four Color 8 (the second to last issue from that run I need, now only Four Color #1 remains to be conquered and one is in sight)

e61db15c.jpg

And also, at long last, I managed to obtain a copy of this beloved book Funny Picture Stories #1. Such an early GA book (1936), with one of the, if not THE, first masked heroes on the cover. :cloud9:

425c2bae.jpg

Edited by ciorac

Four Color 8 (the second to last issue from that run I need, now only Four Color #1 remains to be conquered and one is in sight)

e61db15c.jpg

yay!

e61db15c.jpg

yay!

Thanks Billy. It is a nice solid copy too. :)

Really looks like it and nice blues on the copy. Is it larger than a standard GA. I don't own any First Series so I'm not sure.

Same size as a standard GA book from this period