• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

Show off!!!!!!! grin.gif

Seriously, a beautiful and impressivley broad selection! I love seeing mixes like this.

Actually, I purposely attempted to show a broad selection of books. I reached from where I usually display some various books (I do use the UV-protector mylar sleeves while out on the bookshelf), and thought I'd throw them up. More than anything, I'm trying to learn the digital camera, managing/cropping/transferring digital pics, setting up my webspace with my ISP and placing pics in postings. I thought I'd try to throw out some eye candy while learning a little. Perhaps I'll put out some more soon. Enjoy!! grin.gif

GC, PHF:

Thanks for posting these - WOW!!

Btw, PHF, no resolution is too high for books like that.

I've been enjoying all the books in these threads quietly but these

last few ones are just exceptional...

Some great books posted here. I'd love to partake, but how the %^#@*! do I get my digital camera to produce a shot under 150? In its worst resolution it's coming in at 165. Any help for this layman?

I've just been playing with both Imaging (Kodak) software that came with my digital camera and the Paint software that comes standard with Windows. Try backing off a little when taking a pic of the book, then use your software to crop off the extraneous edges. That should help. Then, you can use your scanner software to back off the resolution if need be. Hope this helps.

OK - I initially was against a GA area for Cigar but am willing to try. I assume you all think this is a GA?

Early Steve Ditko cover

And the cover story is a Shuster!!!!!!

PS - I STILL want to know what is up with those thumbs! Oh yeah - this was the last pre-code for this title.

PS - I STILL want to know what is up with those thumbs!

Geez pov...never mind the guys thumbs...look at his nose.... 893whatthe.gif...perhaps there is some correlation between the two.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh...and very nice book btw.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

PS - I STILL want to know what is up with those thumbs!

Geez pov...never mind the guys thumbs...look at his nose.... 893whatthe.gif...perhaps there is some correlation between the two.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh...and very nice book btw.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

lol - looks like a plug-ugly nose to me! But seriously - why are the thumbs cut off like that? I honestly don't expect an answer unless Ditko himself peruses thee boards! And he can answer the nose thang too! grin.gif

...I'm curious what is the secret of the box 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Based on cover it looks like radiation.

It is actually an oil fire!

PS - I will not post answer here as that is the spoiler to the story. But if you really want to know will PM you.

Gawd...I just had an epiphany....the guys thumb tips were bitten off by the dreaded Thumb Nibbler of Ctultho that is being released onto the world by this insufficiently_thoughtful_person opening the Pandoras' box.... 893whatthe.gif