• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,443 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2022 at 10:30 AM, Robot Man said:

Never seen that publicly for sale or very rarely at auction. Congrats!

Thank you.  One of those few times where I thought to myself if I don’t get it right now, I might not have another opportunity.  

On 5/9/2022 at 7:48 AM, Grottu said:

Recent raw find…need to fix a slight spine roll and go about safely erasing the super-valuable “James” pedigree…

2D5F139E-254E-4C65-A99C-368AA70A3E30.jpeg

I love when original owner puts their name on the book and that one is nicely done.(thumbsu

On 5/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, comicjack said:

I love when original owner puts their name on the book and that one is nicely done.(thumbsu

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t be so quick to want to remove it. We’ll see. If I’m feeling nostalgic I may leave James to live another day.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:43 AM, Grottu said:

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t be so quick to want to remove it. We’ll see. If I’m feeling nostalgic I may leave James to live another day.

Readers did that or your book was not coming back to you part of its history :smile:

Edited by comicjack

On 5/9/2022 at 6:43 AM, Grottu said:

Eraser marks really show on yellow backgrounds.  I've passed on plenty of books with erased yellow areas.  Be careful, please.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:44 PM, Yorick said:

Eraser marks really show on yellow backgrounds.  I've passed on plenty of books with erased yellow areas.  Be careful, please.

I hear ya, and agree…I know what I’m doing, and wouldn’t proceed if I risked inflicting harm

Ok, maybe a stank old cigar butt for this one... I just thought the boot was too funny.  I'm sure there exists some kind of foot fetish faction that would appreciate this.  I haven't read the book yet, but what if he starts licking it before being kicked off the ledge?

TargetComics9.7 fc.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

On 5/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, Black Bat said:

Ok, maybe a stank old cigar butt for this one... I just thought the boot was too funny.  I'm sure there exists some kind of foot fetish faction that would appreciate this.  I haven't read the book yet, but what if he starts licking it before being kicked off the ledge?

TargetComics9.7 fc.jpg

That cover is weird and funny for sure! Never seen it before.