• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2022 at 7:48 AM, Robot Man said:

That is killer! I’ve owned a couple over the years. People love them when they come over.

Other than replacing the cord (a must), getting it working properly and just minor cleaning, I would leave it alone. It looks great the way it is. People like them original. It has honest patina and is real. Resto, like comics, can hurt it’s future value. 

Did my wife talk to you?  That is her opinion too

Maybe I will take the buffer to it and see if it shines up.  I can try it on the back 1st.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:12 AM, batman_fan said:

Did my wife talk to you?  That is her opinion too

Maybe I will take the buffer to it and see if it shines up.  I can try it on the back 1st.

Your wife is a smart woman. After you gently clean with soap & water and dry throughly, maybe try a little quality car wax if you must. Try on back first. 

I would just leave it alone…

On 7/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

I will definitely be double posting this one!! This book which is the Harvey Kurtzman File copy was graded back in Feb of 2003 so almost 20 years ago and I gotta say it presents very well for a 1.8. The old holder has a bit of scuffing especially over the “4” and the label on top is peeling off so i’m trying to decide whether to simply reholder or just crack and resub altogether. I wouldn’t mind leafing through it though and taking some interior pics so i’m leaning towards crack and resub at some point after i’ve had some fun with it. Did I mention only 7 on the census 🤟😎 

C11F8C7B-EC10-43B3-9A5D-BE727A7C45EF.jpeg

It really presents well for 1.8.  Is there a major spine split?

On 7/8/2022 at 7:28 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

I will definitely be double posting this one!! This book which is the Harvey Kurtzman File copy was graded back in Feb of 2003 so almost 20 years ago and I gotta say it presents very well for a 1.8. The old holder has a bit of scuffing especially over the “4” and the label on top is peeling off so i’m trying to decide whether to simply reholder or just crack and resub altogether. I wouldn’t mind leafing through it though and taking some interior pics so i’m leaning towards crack and resub at some point after i’ve had some fun with it. Did I mention only 7 on the census 🤟😎 

Nice book Gino. I say, crack it and have your way with it…:roflmao:

On 7/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Incredibly cool get Gino! 

On 7/8/2022 at 10:42 AM, gadzukes said:

It really presents well for 1.8.  Is there a major spine split?

It’s very supple thankfully!! There are splits at the top and bottom but neither go past the staples the are attached tightly throughout the book