• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2023 at 3:11 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Wow, well done Billy Boy!!!! I pointed this out to Russell as it was going for such a good price, but I had NO idea you'd be a buyer!!!  :applause:

Spectre is one of my all-time favorite characters. That is a nice comic! I have his silver-age series, nearly complete. Also have his first and second appearances, silver-age, as well. He just isn't a popular character. I wish they would bring him back again. Love that book!

On 1/20/2023 at 9:31 AM, jnicholas1976 said:

Spectre is one of my all-time favorite characters. That is a nice comic! I have his silver-age series, nearly complete. Also have his first and second appearances, silver-age, as well. He just isn't a popular character. I wish they would bring him back again. Love that book!

Spectre is awesome, especially the More Fun covers! Kudos for having almost all of his Silver Age series!!  (thumbsu

On 1/17/2023 at 9:41 AM, AndyFish said:

Had a nice discovery going through and trying to begin the process of organizing my collection again, I'm adding the Overstreet App (I currently use CLZ) and pulled out a box I haven't visited in years and stumbled on a nice little lot.

BATMAN LOT.jpeg

ALL AMERICAN 62.jpeg

BATMAN 02.jpeg

BATMAN 03.jpeg

BATMAN 06.jpeg

BATMAN 09.jpeg

BATMAN 10.jpeg

Not jealous at all....
Side note, I found a recommendation for storage for comics in one of the chat boards and the person recommended a filing cabinet. I know the cardboard boxes have acid so I bought a file cabinet...
I wish I had that box inside it! :) Thanks for the pics!

20230120_144626.jpg

Alright folks, help me out with this one. Here's a fresh from a scrapbook snapshot photograph of a mid 1950's kid in California reading a Superman Title that has the Cover of Action 245 on it. I understand that there is a UK / AU international variation of this book (Superman 109 Australian w Action 235 cover) - but there is clearly no 6D price, nor N. 109, on the book in this photograph. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Zoomed in.JPG

On 1/23/2023 at 2:23 PM, adamwfish said:

AnnieOakley1b.thumb.JPG.990fe19d3beaba89ace88f44607d2d27.JPGAnnieOakley1f.thumb.JPG.4f452abcbd8f2c717ed72559229ae065.JPGhey friends!

first post up on this thread-- my father @AndyFishhas been telling me to get on here for months-- boy, i've been missing out. starting with one of my favorite atomic age books-- annie oakley #1! 

What a great book to start with!!! Welcome to the madness!!! lol

On 1/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, adamwfish said:

AnnieOakley1b.thumb.JPG.990fe19d3beaba89ace88f44607d2d27.JPGAnnieOakley1f.thumb.JPG.4f452abcbd8f2c717ed72559229ae065.JPGhey friends!

first post up on this thread-- my father @AndyFishhas been telling me to get on here for months-- boy, i've been missing out. starting with one of my favorite atomic age books-- annie oakley #1! 

Welcome! Keep posting! :applause:

On 1/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, adamwfish said:

It's my boy!  Welcome to the boards-- you've got an amazing Golden Age Collection so you should have no excuse not to post!

On 1/25/2023 at 9:06 AM, AndyFish said:

Absolutely thrilled to get this late birthday present from #2 son Joe who is the VP of Superworld Comics so he often has access to some great stuff-- it's a WHIZ COMICS #51-- I've been looking for a copy of this one in nice shape-- one of my all time favorite covers!  A device that takes ugly girls and makes them pretty!  Amazing stuff and I can see why the good Captain was the best selling superhero of the Golden Age!

WHIZ COMICS.jpeg

What an awesome birthday gift!!! Happy birthday!!! Super cool comic cover!!! (thumbsu